Principal IaaS Engineer
Southampton or Oxford
I’m currently working with a Police Service who are on the lookout for a Principal IaaS Engineer to join their team. Within the Service they have a diverse estate of technology which you will be supporting due to ever growing connectivity, from PDA’s through to body worn cameras and vehicle hardware.
The role will be majority based from home with on average 2 days a week in the office.
What is the purpose?
We need a professional to provide expert consultancy, quality assurance, testing, documentation and support of a wide range of systems and network infrastructure solutions. You’ll be doing this in accordance with enterprise and technical architecture standards to meet defined business needs
Where do we need your skills?
Well, the areas mentioned above really; quality assurance, testing, documentation and support of a wide range of systems and network infrastructure solutions.
To elaborate though;
* Supporting of systems and network infrastructure
* Provide 3rd line support services to both systems and network infrastructure, you’ll also be providing support, guidance and mentoring to Network, Systems and Senior Engineers.
* Quality Assurance/Testing
* Ensuring our solutions meet a high standard with every aspect considered to deliver a high quality, high availability service to our users throughout the organisation.
* Document new and existing systems and network infrastructure solutions in harmony with high level technical solution designs and outlined standards that are capable of meeting the demands of our service.
The tech stack
We’ll need you to have a solid background in all things windows as well as a few other technologies;
Azure, NSX, MS Active Directory, ADFS, SQL Server, VMWare products, Office 365, Hyper-V and Cisco network equipment.
Previous experience will show that you have worked in an enterprise environment with no less than 15,000 users. You’ll have an ITIL certification or have a solid grasp and understanding of it and you’ll also have the ability to lead and contribute in project meetings from a technical and non-technical point of view.
I’m interested, what now?
Please submit the latest copy of your CV or get in touch with me on LinkedIn, email me or call me
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.