Venesky-Brown’s client, a public sector organisation with offices in both Edinburgh and Glasgow, are currently looking to recruit a PMO Lead for an initial 6 month contract on a rate of £(Apply online only)/day (outside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will be remote based.
* Delivery and Leadership – Support the Programme Manager in the development and maintenance of appropriate standards and guidelines.
* Play a key role as part of the Programme Team in monitoring and reporting on the status of Projects.
* Ensure the timely and accurate production of quality programme status reports for senior stakeholders and governance bodies.
* Strong and effective Stakeholder Management.
* Governance – ensuring a robust and transparent governance and accountability structure.
* Co-ordinate and own production of Programme MI requirements.
* Support and undertake 1st line, and facilitate 2nd line, Assurance activities.
* Ensuring effective Programme RAID management.
* Ensuring effective Change Management processes.
* Programme Performance and Controls – Develop effective programme control framework and strategies. Help to identify and manage interdependencies, common capability and opportunities across projects within the Programme by re-using and sharing of methods and resources to drive efficiencies
* Maintain the Programme’s Governance & Reporting plan.
* You will have line management experience of several direct reports.
* You will need at least 5 years expertise in several of the key process areas (e.g. risk, issue, change, planning, stakeholder engagement, etc.) and the ability to positively engage senior members of the organisations involved
* At least 5 years’ experience of managing a Programme Office
* Experience of large IT / Government programmes
* Exceptional communication, interpersonal skills – especially in proactively supporting complex, fast-paced governance meetings and succinctly and accurately noting key actions and decisions
* Formal qualifications in project and programme management
* Proficient user of Microsoft applications including Office suite, Visio, Project and Teams.
* Assurance activities including OGC Gateway
* Microsoft SharePoint
* NHS experience
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.