The role is part of our Platform Support Team with Technical Services & Platform Support.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Platform Support Senior Engineer, the Platform Support Engineer is a highly skilled technical role responsible for implementing and supporting enterprise tooling solutions within Service Management and Operations (SM&O).
The Platform Support Engineer has a large degree of autonomy and is able to make informed technical decisions relating to supported tooling in the context of live service commitments, service level agreements and TS&ST, SM&O and CDIO strategy. The Platform Support Engineer advises Platform Support Analysts on technical solutions and investigations.
In addition to BAU activities, the Platform Support Engineer provides out of hours support for tooling and environments such as ServiceNow, making key decisions around the appropriate course of action with minimal support from senior colleagues and communicating with Customer Experience & Bridge Operations.
The Platform Support Engineer is expected to provide technical guidance and support to any team within SM&O as required and will have an understanding of the technologies in use elsewhere in the delivery area. This could be anything from a non-technical user with an issue with a desktop application to an experienced engineer with a requirement for a technical solution.
Duties will include:
* Builds servers and associated infrastructure in SM&O’s cloud environments, Configures network security groups in SM&O’s cloud environments.
* Is responsible for the administration and monitoring of SM&O’s cloud environments and resolving any issues.
* Builds and supports both physical and virtual infrastructure and applications on servers and end user devices.
* Has broad technical knowledge of Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems for end user devices and servers, databases, web and thick clients and associated tooling and technologies. Has a good understanding of networking and related technologies such as DHCP and DNS.
* Understands CI/CD and code promotion pipelines.
* Can script and develop ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping patterns, Is knowledgeable in API and integration technologies such as REST & SOAP
* Is capable of developing and supporting scripted API’s in ServiceNow
* Has knowledge of cyber security controls and authentication methods such as SAML, Oauth, access keys, digital certificates, etc.
* Supports strategically important tooling and associated infrastructure that HMRC relies on to run its IT estate including Assyst, Snow, ServiceNow and Remedy Asset Management.
* Will have a detailed understanding of Platform Support-owned tools and services and how they are used within CDIO and HMRC.
* Progresses incidents and problems assigned to Platform Support.
* Implements changes and service requests for Platform Support-owned tools and services.
* Identify solutions to problems and new requirements.
* Implements, maintains and troubleshoots integrations between supported tooling.
* Makes recommendations for improvements to supported tooling.
* Provides excellent customer service to end users with clear and timely communications.
* Logs and manages IT incidents related to Platform Support-supported tools and services with vendors.
* Will have a broad grounding in IT and relevant technologies.
* Manages team mailboxes and ITSM queues to ensure queries and tickets are managed in a timely manner.
* Build, test and maintain workflows, service level agreements, catalogue items and associated configuration.
* Work with developers to build out new requirements.
* Provides general technical support and guidance to SM&O colleagues.
* Administration and management of AWS VPC
* Build and configure IaaS resources by code in AWS
* Experience of integrating enterprise services, knowledge of technologies such as JSON, REST, SOAP, XML, etc.
* ServiceNow development experience, ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping experience
ITIL foundation, Understanding of Agile delivery, Producing and understanding technical documentation, AWS and ServiceNow certifications
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.