Role: PHP Developer
Location: Office in Sheffield
Salary: £30k- £40K DOE
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Company: An established and innovative business providing their own maintenance software solutions.
We are looking for a talented developer to add to our team as part of our planned growth for the business.
We require an experienced candidate looking to develop new and bespoke features for our industry leading management system in order to accommodate increasing demand from new and existing clients. We have a relaxed and flexible working environment within an exciting modern office.
We take an open-minded approach to development and the right candidate should embrace learning new technologies. They should furthermore have the confidence to use their own knowledge and experience to enhance and progress existing features, and make improvements to the system that will benefit all of our clients.
* Writing scalable, secure, reusable and testable code
* Maintaining & optimising existing codebases in both modern and legacy PHP projects
* Managing DB systems of large scale and demand
* Contributing to all aspects of a development lifecycle
* Excellent knowledge of PHP 7/8 (OOP, MVC and use of frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony or Zend)
* Good knowledge of JS frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember or VueJS
* Understanding of Nodejs
* Confident using MySQL
* Experience with RESTful APIs (JSON, XML)
* HTML5, CSS3, SASS
* Good knowledge of LAMP environment
Bonus points for:
* Experience with Cordova
* Knowledge of PHP Smarty
* Good understanding of iOS/Android OS
* Understanding of Gulp workflow automation
* Experience with source control (ideally Git & Github)
* Exposure to Test Driven Development
* eCommerce Experience
* Linux administration
* Flexible working hours
* Relaxed & modern working environment
* Free on-site parking
* 23 days paid holiday + statutory
* Westfield Health Scheme
* Pension scheme
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Regular salary reviews
* In close proximity to (Nursery, Costa Coffee, Cafes, Parkway/M1 transport links)
* Potential in the future for remote working
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.