Network SME / Engineer
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 per annum – Bonus – Benefits – Healthcare options
Location: UK wide (North West UK Preferable)
An overview of the role
The applicant will be capable of architecting, designing and implementing robust network solutions. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
A highly technical role with a service and customer focus involving the design, evaluation and technical review of major network installations, implementation activities, client support, projects, transitions, due diligence exercises, and the development of new business solutions.
My client is seeking to recruit a Network Engineer, ideally with experience of working in a large client outsourcing service environment, to work within a client facing project team. The applicant will be capable of designing and implementing robust network solutions. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
A good working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routing and switching within LAN/WAN/Data Centre/ Public Cloud environments is essential. This includes:
* Software Defined Networks such as Cisco ACI, APIC ACI, MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN e.g. Cisco vManage; SD Access e.g. DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
* Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Terraform, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
* Security products e.g. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
* VMware NSX and other NFV products.
* Tooling e.g. Cisco Tetration, Solarwinds, CA
* Proven experience of supporting complex network technical solutions
* Proven experience of implementing change within Data Centre LAN environments
* Practical working knowledge of WAN/LAN/ management/virtualisation technologies and products from leading vendors
* Experience of tooling for systems management
* Recognised Cisco or other industry certification
* Any job offer will be dependent on SC clearance being obtained.
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.