Some Careers Grow Faster Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices.
It employs around 8,500 employees globally and comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and PMO, and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC’s technology strategy to support the Group’s goals.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Network Engineer.
In This Role, You Will Be Responsible For
* The delivery of high quality GB/GF driven IT projects, meeting their needs and demonstrating the added value of service provided, whilst ensuring that all delivery is in line with agreed global standards.
* To support and maintain full functionality of equipment and applications provided.
* To meet quality targets as assigned by IT Operations Management for Change, Service Levels and Problem Resolution times.
* Identify and improve efficiency and potential improvements of the network environment.
* Communicating effectively with key business users regarding requirements.
* Participate in the testing/piloting of new services/hardware.
* This role requires work outside of "business hours" and at weekends in order to undertake change activity.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
* Experience of networking technologies, including LAN routing and switching, network load balancing, firewalls and DNS.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The base location for this role is Sheffield.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.