MASS are seeking an experienced and motivated Business Development Manager to lead their maritime defence campaign. This exciting opportunity requires an individual who can position MASS’s key offerings, within Electronic Warfare, Digital Services and high-level Training Support, towards the maritime defence markets within the UK and overseas. They will take over and develop the current maritime campaign, its strategic direction and ongoing pursuits, maturing MASS’s reach and brand and seeking new opportunities, all in order to win business for the company. Working as part of a high-performing team they will also enjoy a strong degree of autonomy and associated responsibility. Whilst the MASS locational centre of gravity is based around St Neots and Lincoln, this role allows a highly flexible working routine, being primarily client and partner focused – hence home location is not a principal factor.
To determine and win business opportunities which lead to order generation and revenue, whilst developing the brand and reputation of MASS. To explore and develop areas of capability development for the Group, enabling sustainment of a market-leading position.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Support the creation and annual review of business plans and relevant marketing plans;
* Own, develop and maintain the Maritime Campaign Plan.
* Achieve allocated targets as part of the defence maritime campaign;
* Attend regular team and Group meetings as appropriate;
* Develop, manage, and maintain capture plans in support of opportunities and campaigns with regular reporting and dissemination of associated information;
* Maintain regular updates and reporting on ongoing opportunities;
* Determine appropriate exhibitions and conferences to attend, developing campaigns, and maximising the return on investment through targeted messaging and meetings for the events;
* Management of assigned key customer accounts, aligned with capture management of assigned pursuits;
* Identify and nurture business opportunities;
* Provide support to regular reporting of opportunities, campaigns, and accounts (incl. monthly Business Development report);
* Support the creation of marketing materials in support of events, campaigns, and capabilities (incl. social media messaging, marketing brochures, updates to the Company website, whitepapers, and other formats);
* Bid management of assigned bids;
* Proposal preparation as part of a bid team (where required);
* Undertake other tasks to support the team (where required);
* Comply with Company policies and procedures (including the Business Management System);
* Adhere to the MASS values.
* Requires specialised depth and/or breadth of knowledge in the UK defence (maritime) domain
* Leads others to solve complex problems
* Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
* May lead departmental teams or projects as required
Job Functional Knowledge – Requires specialised depth and/or breadth of expertise within UK defence (maritime) domain.
Business Expertise – Interprets MASS’s internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes and services.
Leadership – Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution.
Problem Solving – Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions.
Impact – Impacts the achievement of operational, project and service objectives; work is guided by divisional policies.
Interpersonal Skills – Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Knowledge and understanding of UK defence (maritime) domain
* Experience of Business Development and Account Management within Defence markets
MASS are an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.