We are a Global organisation who provide technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global Aviation / Airline industry.
We have revolutionised the way airports, airlines, and travel operators move passengers and baggage to their destinations. We offer unparalleled expertise in shared systems and networking—integrating the entire airport enterprise for check-in and boarding, baggage handling, passenger self-service check-in, and other important functions. As the benchmark for common-use passenger technologies, we help airports reduce costs, improve service, and strengthen security.
We are currently recruiting for a Level 2 Software Operations / Helpdesk Support Technician to join us on a permanent basis. You will act as the primary contact for support and service requests that arrive from airline/airport customers and 1st line service and support contractors.
You will hold key accountability for operational maintenance and Support of internal systems, ensuring that the development teams are fully supported in the operational requirements. This is technical role providing Level 2 Operational Maintenance and Support.
The successful candidate will work as part of our Software operations team and will be responsible for:-
* Taking a detailed technical view of issues that cannot be resolved at Level 1.
* Providing support to our worldwide customer base.
* Support the development of existing support process and procedure
* Ensuring we have in place a working relationship with other teams and 3rd parties who may be responsible for key parts of the Service provision.
* Ensuring that escalated issues are resolved, root cause are documented and process in place to ensure they do not reoccur.
* Provides guidance, support and training for Level 2 Helpdesk staff for team members.
* Basic / Medium SQL experience to run scripts and investigate queries.
* Working within a 24-hour Operational environment.
* Service and Support management experience
* Customer experience with direct communications
* Previous experience in delivering L2 software support and service management
* Knowledge of SQL
* Highly organised
* Attention to detail
* Works well under pressure and an ability to prioritise
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* 37.5 Hours
* 25 days holiday (Increases with years of service up to 30 days)
* Private Medical Insurance
* Private Pension Scheme
* Income Protection Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Flexible Benefits including dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, give as you earn scheme, Tastecard, discount card, health screening, eye testing
Please press apply now to submit your application. Alternatively, if you would like further information on this position or other positions win a similar sector, please feel free to contact Shaunna Doherty on (phone number removed) for a confidential conversation.
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.