Lead Software Engineer – FinTech £80,000 – £90,000 + Bonus
Bristol or Fully Remote.
My very good friends are growing again and looking for an experienced Engineer to join the team to take the lead of their core platform feature development.
They are a 3 year old FinTech start up – forget everything you know or think about FinTech there is no mega corp fluff here or stupidly long days fire fighting! They are developing a next generation platform for investment businesses, who are pipped for huge things over the next coming months. I've pretty much been with them from day one supporting the hiring for the team and it's been fun and brilliant to watch their growth!
The tech team is a solid 8 a mix of Golang Developers, Front-End (they work with Vue) and probably one of the best Flutter Developers around. We're currently expanding the team by 4 inc infrastructure, services, mobile and dev.
The role: You'll be working the full spectrum of the software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering with stakeholders, working as a team to build and test features, managing deployment and supporting the service in production.
Day to day: You will take a lead on their core platform feature development. They have an established program of work split into several milestone spanning the next few years and you will be instrumental in the design and delivery of the software to meet these.
They operate an iterative development process across a team with no fixed hierarchy where responsibilities are claimed based on experience. So whilst this is a senior/lead level position it is more technical leadership rather than people.
What your background will look like:
They work with Golang although open to any backend experience but get ready to up-skill into Go – a C like language would work well.
Testing – unit, integration, e2e
Their tech stack also includes.
Cloud infrastructure on GCP
Hashicorp products — Nomad
Google API Design guidelinesAnd then a solid benefit package:
– Salary: £80,000 – £90,000
– Annual Bonus: Discretionary
– Pension: 8% Employer Contribution
– Health insurance: Individual health insurance cover with BUPA
– Death in Service: At least 4x Salary
– Holiday: 25 days a year
– Further Study/Training Budget: Support towards further external qualifications
– Remote/flexible working: You do you, they do have a Bristol office however if you want to work fully remotely that is cool and there is no requirements for office working for this role unless you would like too. Please note we are only looking for UK based candidates.
– Individual Tech Budget: Allowance for you to build your own setup
2 stage interviews via zoom happening asap. Please send your CV for immediate consideration. Thanks
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.