Open GI is a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry. Based across the UK and Europe, our support and development services make us a truly diverse organisation that offers a range of IT solutions to insurance brokers, insurers and managing general agents.
The key purpose of the Lead Java Developer role is to lead developments within Scrum teams to deliver new products, customer developments and support OGI’s current technical estate.
* Leading cross-functional scrum teams responsible for hands-on delivery of software.
* Providing technical leadership and advocating & implementing improvements in working practices.
* Being continually aware of emerging technological trends and proposing and implementing new solutions and industry standard techniques.
* Acting in the role of coach and mentor providing support and advice to other members of the Software Development department.
* Enhancing the scalability and performance of Open GI systems.
* Delivering new customer requirements as quickly, reliably, and efficiently as possible.
* Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, and QA’s to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues.
* Extensive experience of working on large complex software applications and databases with high volumes of data and large numbers of concurrent users.
* Experience of major redesign and refactoring of complex enterprise solutions.
* Experience of leading software development projects in Java.
* Use and implementation of Design Patterns.
* Demonstrable technical leadership experience.
* Experience of tackling performance and scalability issues on a large, high-throughput system, using industry-standard techniques and tools.
* Extensive knowledge of MySQL.
* Extensive knowledge of REST, SOAP, and SOA
* Problem solving and deep analysis skills including ability to diagnose performance issues.
* The ability to convert business and/or technical level requirements into successful implementation.
* Salary of £50,000 – £60,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
* Company pension
* Life assurance and critical illness cover
* Perkbox – an exclusive benefits platform offering a wide range of discounts and benefits
* Free parking when on office premises
* Cycle to work scheme
* Wills at work scheme
* Holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, increasing to 26 days per annum after three years of service & a holiday purchase scheme
To apply for this role please click the apply button and send us your covering letter and CV
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.