Lead IT Service Project Manager
£60,000 – £65,000
Kent 50% – Remote 50%
2 Year FTC
Our client is looking for a Lead IT Service Project Manager to join their ever growing company on a 2 year fixed term contract.
The successful Lead IT Service Project Manager will be responsible for working closely with IT and business colleagues to deliver technology work stream activities for a large transformation project. The role requires someone that can help turn a group of people into a project team that make things happen.
Key Responsibilities as a Lead IT Service Project Manager :
* Hold full responsibility for the end-to-end IT contribution to a Bank Transformation project; acting as a single point for escalation, and at all times ensuring that systems, processes, and methodologies as specified are followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of delivery.
* Produce and maintain a resource plan for the task commitments within the Bank Transformation Project and request and organise project resources and team members to deliver project tasks and activities.
* Facilitate workshops with project resources to identify and mitigate/remediate project challenges and risks and escalating outputs to the Programme Lead.
* Produce regular project reporting for both internal IT stakeholders and the primary business change programme and ensure that such reporting is transparent, accurate and positively reflected with the appropriate attention to stakeholder viewpoints.
* Support the IT Management team to design and implement a new Target Operating Model for supporting IT services post transformation and refresh the shared services SLA to reflect the new expectations.
* Maintain a strong relationship with business stakeholders through regular engagement, ensuring continued buy in, transparency of decision making and evangelising the continued value of IT capabilities.
* Provide feedback to and coach the matrix resourced team in self-organisation and cross-functional working, encouraging them to operate on a self-managed basis, including tracking commitments, identifying, and removing impediments/blockers, continuously improving processes, and helping to retain focus.
* Promote a "problem-solving" culture and focus efforts on continually improving quality and eliminating waste in all areas. Including instilling a "hands-on" systematic approach to day-to-day problem solving i.e., in line with Kaizen principles. Incorporating immediate, systematic root cause analysis across all disciplines and verifying that permanent corrective actions are identified and implemented.
* Support the CTO to build a culture of high performance; pro-activity; inter-team cooperation and continuous improvement within the project. Providing leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
Please apply as directed
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.