WELCOME TO KFC!
Colonel Harland Sanders opened the first KFC in Corbin, Kentucky in 1938. He started with one store, 11 herbs and spices, and an idea. From there, our incredible brand and product grew to what it is today.
KFC first came to the UK in 1965 with our first restaurant in Preston, Lancashire. Today, we are a billion-pound business with over 950 restaurants run by our 28,000 restaurant team members. Our headquarters are based at the Restaurant Support Centre (RSC) in Woking, Surrey – a 24-minute train from Waterloo.
We are proud to have received a number of accolades in recognition of our commitment to our employees, including being named as Britain’s Top Employer three years running. To work for KFC is to be part of one big family.
We believe that our success is driven by the power of our employees working in unison with a shared set of common goals and values. We invest heavily in our people and helping them drive their personal development. As part of this, we give each of our managers in the business the opportunity to go through Heartstyles, a tool and strategy to measure and manage culture, building people’s self-awareness and helping them to transform their behaviours to help build effective individual development plans.
We celebrate success every day and to us recognition is much more than just saying thank you- it is about really celebrating achievements, milestones and behaviours. One of the ways we do this is through our own personal recognition awards.
As a company, we take our corporate social responsibility very seriously and encourage our employees to ‘give something back’ through companywide charity efforts. As an equal opportunity employer, we embrace individuality and diversity. We employ irrespective of background, age, ethnicity, colour, gender, disability, sexual or religious orientation and marital status.
Our purpose as an employer is to empower our people to find their own secret recipe in life.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Forming the KFC Digital Tech Team, you’ll be leading the development of the Front end website and Drupal CMS. Your focus will be on creating high quality, structured, reusable and annotated code. You will have experience in development and be proficient using third party open-source packages and relevant code libraries. As part of a team consisting of Developers, Scrum Masters, QA’s, DevOps and Designers, you will be able to communicate with these departments, contribute to ideas, and innovate where required.
* Experience working in an Agile environment including Scrum & Kanban
* Drupal 8, ideally with headless experience and in developing these applications
* AWS Serverless
* Jest testing framework
* Experience using code version control systems (GIT).
* Experience building responsive websites and applications.
* Experience integrating with web services and APIs, including REST endpoints.
* Be proficient using third party open source packages and relevant code libraries like Google SDK
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
REWARD, PROGRESSION AND LOTS OF RECOGNITION
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including;
* Company and performance-related bonus
* Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
* Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
* Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year; after 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
* Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
* International career opportunities across Yum!
* Pick n Mix Benefits, options include gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
KFC is also a very sociable company and we strive to incorporate our company value of fun whenever we can. In the pre-pandemic world, our teams regularly enjoyed nights out with their colleagues- including payday drinks, weekly netball, and football matches and each year we organise a big Christmas party to celebrate the successes of the year; we have continued this ethos through Covid and make sure we have loads of fun in and outside of the office ‘socially distance style’. You can choose how much or little you get involved in
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.