Job No: Tectre1147
Title: Lead Android Engineer
Salary: £81,000 – £101,000
About the company
Our client is committed to Help Britain Prosper and become the best bank for customers. As part of this, they’re transforming their digital capability, providing customers with simpler, continuous interactions across online, mobile and branches. Our clients’ digital platforms (public website, mobile & tablet app, and internet banking website) are where the majority of customer and colleague interactions with the Bank take place. They are becoming increasingly sophisticated with the introduction of public API's, growing numbers of devices to access them from and evolving operating systems.
About the role
In this role, you’ll join their team the Access lab – payments, engagement where you’ll contribute to the technical leadership team's work of driving the technology and future of the platform. You’ll be working with the Strategy and UX/UI Design teams as well as customer organisations to architect, design, and implement solutions. Additionally, your resolve, in applying and improving appropriate methodologies and toolsets for customers.
You’ll be championing Android, setting the standards (modernising their apps, adding new features, building bespoke API etc.), also exploring emerging technologies and software products; seize learning and knowledge-sharing opportunities, modernising their applications will shape the way their customers view finances providing a better experience.
You must have the following background experience and skills to apply:
* Extensive leadership of Engineering teams through line management, coaching & mentoring of developers
* Collaborate with wider mobile community through Connect Sessions and help in improving engineering principles and best practices
* Excellent knowledge of Kotlin/Java and frameworks like RxJava
* Good understanding of architecture patterns (MVP/MVVM/MVI) and Android architecture components
* Strong understanding of Android App life cycle from Modules to releasing of app to Play store
* Deep understanding of mobile experience design for variable screen sizes in across versions of Android
* Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
* Worked in an Agile cross-functional team
It would also be desirable if you have the following experience:
* Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
* Understanding of RESTful APIs from back-end services
Our client is invested in your continual development. That’s why they’ve fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria for the Lead Android Engineer role, please respond to this with an up to date copy of your CV. If you have any problems during the application process, please call the office. Our office hours are between 9am – 5pm Monday through to Friday. You may not hear from us straight away due to the level of applications we receive every day. We can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Tectre is a specialist IT Recruitment Company. We support our customer in their Positive Action Campaigns for Diversity. To find out more about us please see our website
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.