Junior Systems Developer
Page 1 Recruitment are excited to be working in partnership with an International Christian Charity that specialises in helping people deal with poverty and debt. Over the last 20+ years, our client has helped tens of thousands of people break free from debt and poverty. Due to continued growth, our client is currently on the lookout for a Junior Systems Developer to join their team.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a person who is a Bible Believing Christian with a keen interest in System Development
As a Junior Systems Developer, you will be responsible for
* Contributing to the development and maintenance of bespoke internal web applications.
* Continuously developing your skillset, to enable you to create high quality, maintainable code that is testable, well commented and in line with the latest standards on security, data protection and coding best practice
* Undertaking formal training, peer-to-peer training, and appropriate self-directed learning to progress your abilities in PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and other relevant development technologies
* Working across different internal systems as the organisational needs change and grow.
* Working closely with other departments in the business
* Actively participating in code reviews, walkthroughs and design discussions.
* Escalating any technical issues, concerns, or development hold-ups to the systems development lead.
* Programming/scripting experience of at least one language.
* Knowledge of software development concepts.
* Good knowledge of email, browser/web and database technologies.
* Technically minded logical thinker with strong analytical, communication and evaluation skills.
* Keen interest in learning new programming languages and methodologies.
* Degree in Computer Science or similar (or experience working/freelance as a System Developer)
Bonus points for previous experience with
* Working collaboratively within a team environment.
* Knowledge of software development best practices and associated tools.
* Troubleshooting experience with various operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux), apps, email, browser/web and database technologies.
What’s in it for you!
* Fully remote
* Pension Contribution 6.5% (match up to 10%)
* 34 Days Holiday (+5 Emergency Holiday Days + 2 Mental Health Days)
* £24-26K Basic Salary
* Relaxed working environment
This post is subject to an Occupational Requirement under the provisions made in the Equality Act 2010 that the post holder has an active faith in Jesus and an active involvement in a church
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.