Would you be interested in joining an award-winning and innovative academic publisher?
Are you a Junior Scrum Master with an understanding of Agile & Scrum principles, as well as the software delivery life cycle?
This role is home working for the time being, but when our offices open back up, we would expect the successful applicant to be able to visit the office when required.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works.
The Role & Team:
In this Junior Scrum Master role, you’ll join the Digital Delivery team at Emerald Publishing, focused on enabling the creation of valuable digital products by fostering high performing development teams and a business aligned to agile principles and values. As part of this, you’ll support and facilitate the teams to achieve delivery goals, helping to alleviate impediments in their processes and delivery.
You’ll join our other scrum masters and agile coach who will provide you with coaching, mentoring and support, enabling you to grow as a scrum master as part of this junior role.
We need someone who…
* Can work with the Development team on adoption of iterative delivery and planning methods
* Fosters a safe environment that enables the teams to thrive and meet their delivery commitments.
* Enables high performing, self-managing teams which are fully engaged with agile delivery methods.
* Successfully utilises Scrum events to promote product/project delivery
* Enables consistency and predictable development team outputs
* Shields the Development team from outside distractions and helped to remove impediments
* Monitors and provides metrics that demonstrate continuous improvement and learning
* Drives continuous improvement
As Junior Scrum Master you’ll have the freedom to work with the wider organisation in various ways, including facilitation, impediment removal, coaching and coordination. A key part of this is encouraging, supporting and enabling peers to realise their full potential and abilities.
**Please apply ASAP as interviews may start before the closing date and the advert may close earlier than listed
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.