About the company:
Catalyst BI challenges organisations to unlock insights, drive performance and create value by bringing people and data together. Our award-winning and innovative team has delivered successful solutions and services to over 300 customers, across a range of public and private sector organisation. These solutions and services accelerate business value and regularly solve challenging problems.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Qlik Consultant with Catalyst BI Limited, a Business Intelligence Company based in Bramham, Wetherby.
As an apprentice within the Catalyst BI team, you will be exposed to the full project lifecycle from capturing business requirements, managing data and building analytical dashboards through to supporting customers with production questions and issues.
You will support Consultants within the Catalyst BI team to deliver client projects as well as owning and running your own workload and projects.
You will give status updates on the daily scum calls and produce project reporting updates for clients, peers and the management team.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
* Project delivery, consultancy & development
* Use effective questioning and listening to gather requirements.
* Work collaboratively with customers to develop solutions based on the Qlik platform (and other complementary technologies) in accordance with the Catalyst methodology and defined quality standards.
* Produce professional documentation as required to support project deliveries.
* Report on project progress, risks and issues.
* Provide project support across the BI Team
* Help to diagnose technical support issues, propose solutions and escalate (with Qlik support, other 3rd party suppliers or internally) where appropriate, maintaining regular communication with the customer.
* Ownership of ongoing personal and professional development.
* 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
* knowledge in the features, benefits and application of products within the Qlik platform.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a ‘can do’ attitude.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* A clear and concise communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to articulate ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with a collaborative and supportive style.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure.
* Ability to understand internal and external task dependencies.
* A genuine passion for solving problems through data
* An inquisitive mind
* Personal ownership of learning and development
* Team player
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Data Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
* Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
* Data Analysis Tools
* Data Analysis Concepts
* Data Analytics Software
* Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.