Java Technology Lead / Architect – London
£80 – £90k base + bonus + good flexible benefits scheme
A leading technology consultancy with offices across the globe continue to grow within the architectural space. We are seeking a highly talented Java Tech Lead / Architect to work with clients on Enterprise level Custom software and Integration Projects.
• Excellent knowledge of Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient applications
• Experience of the core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and Continuous Integration
• Demonstrable experience in one or more technology stacks, e.g. Spring (e.g. Core, MVC, Data, Boot/Cloud), Integration Technologies (Spring Integration, Apache Camel, REST, Messaging)
• Experience of working in collaborative teams
• Experience in pragmatic architecture, using just enough to get the job done.
• Successfully delivering performance, scalable and long-transactional digital services in complex and highly regulated environments
• Java 8 and dependency injection, building asynchronous microservices with RESTful APIs
• JAX-RS for REST APIs
• Automated testing with Junit and Mockito
• Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) , CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
• Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
• Wiremock and other distributed-systems testing utilities
• Activiti or other JBPMN
• Rules Engine e.g. Drools
• JIRA / Confluence
• Developing using Vagrant
• Shape solutions & define architecture.
• Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
• Use your wide range of skills such as an architect, technical lead, designer and developer on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development and leadership of implementation of complex multi-tier Applications
• Enhance existing applications due to changing customer needs and requirements
• Provide technical support for transition of the application into live service and support
The successful candidate will be required to fully understand the design, build, test and operation at a technical level to converse with the development/solution teams.
This is a great opportunity to work in a highly-regarded organization, known for its great in-house training and career progression.
We are keen to build strong relationships with IT consultants based on providing a transparent and supportive service. Now in our 18th year we pay promptly and are a stable contracting partner in good financial health. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906). We never send your CV without your email authorisation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.