Java/Scala Developer, Server Side, Agile, Newbury.
Due to some recent contract wins a superb opportunity has arisen for a Java (and/or Scala) Developer (Server Side) to join this growing and highly successful Newbury based software house.
Working in an Agile environment, this is a small, highly motivated team of developers delivering a scalable backend services platform. As a Java Developer some of your responsibilities include:
• Analysing, designing and coding of core elements of the system to an exemplary standard
• Taking technical ownership of key areas of functionality
• Working with customers and partners to ensure smooth integration with their services
The right Java (and/or Scala) Developer will be highly ambitious for success and have a strong mix of hands-on coding skills, good experience of web architectures and great communications skills.
Essential skills and experience:
• Very high quality OO design and development skills
• Strong experience in Java or Scala development in large complex systems
• Good academic qualifications with a numerate degree
• Excellent communication skills
• Good knowledge of enterprise architecture
• Server side development experience on Linux with good knowledge of how to get effective use out of open source toolsets and frameworks
• Has worked in small highly effective teams to successfully over-deliver on expectations
• Has a passion for quality
Desirable but not essential:
• Typesafe/Lightbend stack (Play, Akka…)
• Relational and NoSQL Databases
• Web UI and App development (Bootstrap, Cordova)
• Cloud deployment architectures
• Secure and Scalable Microservices
In return you will be rewarded with a good basic, pension, life cover and a great working environment and the opportunity to work with and learn from some very bright people!
This is a superb opportunity for an amazing company. If this role is of interest please apply ASAP!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three – five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.