Core Software Java Engineer
£645,000 plus benefits and bonus
They are currently in the process of re-architecting their systems for the delivery of promising new pilots in ad tech and building an API platform to unlock the potential of their expertise and data.
They are streamlining and automating their practices by working closely with their inhouse domain experts to reduce friction and increase efficiency.
We are also figuring out how to improve their forecasting and optimise the placement of TV ads for their massive audience using the data at our disposal.
There use a real mix of technologies:
* Existing applications are mostly written in Angular, with React being favoured for new projects. They are adopting serverless and other cloud native architectures. Other teams have opted for Scala, and there is a mixture of React or Elm being used for frontend. The selection of technology for new systems is open for discussion and your suggestions.
* Other teams have opted for Scala, and there is a mixture of React or Elm being used for frontend. The selection of technology for new systems is open for discussion and your suggestions.
* Their infrastructure and CI processes are moving from Jenkins and Puppet towards CircleCI and native AWS management.
Taken the above into consideration the seek experienced Software Engineers capable of delivering well tested and maintainable Java code that meets the requirements of the users in an incremental process. Engineers who have the experience to tackle common issues before they arise, who discuss intelligently the different options available to solving problems and can work effectively as a member of a team.
As a Core Software Java Engineer, they expect you to be looking to advance your journey of software crafting. Specifically, they are looking for people who:
* Actively investigate and promote new technologies and practices.
* Are willing to voice their opinion, and also to learn.
* Have a good knowledge of the Java programming language and tools.
* Understand the value of testing methodologies.
* Have experience with both object oriented and functional programming.
Our client has sufficient resources to invest in your development, in a team where building quality software is critical. You will have opportunities to grow as a software engineer, through training, mentoring from teammates and delivering production code
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.