Java Development Team Lead – Crewe up to £55k
Excellent opportunity to join a Track 100 company, who can offer you a varied, fast paced working environment. Leading a team of like-minded Java Developers supporting and developing the clients in-house CRM platform.
Core Responsibilities will include:
Line management responsibility for around 4 developers
Taking a hands-on lead developer role in development projects
Solution design activities and specification/task creation
Task allocation, performance management, facilitation, and mentoring of your team
Providing feedback on development progress to management and business stakeholders
What will you be doing as Java Developer Team Lead?
* Working on projects spanning large-scale development, small system improvements and application support.
* Delivering fortnightly releases in line with the internal business needs.
* Using best practice and working to coding standards.
* Interpreting software needs and developing concept and final solutions to meet objectives.
* Thinking creatively to bring new ideas and concepts to the existing application.
* Estimating development tasks and planning delivery.
* Presenting ideas and concepts to the IT Development Manager and the development team.
* Ensuring quality delivery of software including creating documentation and completing testing and code reviews where needed.
What experience / skills are we looking for?
5+ years commercial Java development experience.
Strong Java knowledge and skills, supporting Java 8 and higher.
Experience in the development and design of web applications in a JEE environment.
Experience with open source frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.
Experience with database technologies, ideally Oracle, with strong SQL skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience with JSP/Thymeleaf.
Experience developing SOAP/REST-based applications.
Knowledge of unit testing using JUnit/TestNG and mocking frameworks.
Experience using modern version control software (such as Git).
Experience of working across the full development lifecycle and using agile practices.
The client not only offers a varied role, allowing you to be technically challenged, on going career development and progression but newly built offices with onsite gym, table tennis, pool table etc
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.