Exciting opportunity to join a well established market leader in designing and building a brand new platform, seen to be the future of the company.
This position will be involved from the beginning phase of the project, defining the requirements with stakeholders, designing the architecture and building the platform out from scratch.
Market leading, global leader in enabling the world to best utilise Data to positively impact lives and experiences.
This role will be a Architectural Design / Hands on Engineering position which in time will move more towards owning the platform.
– OOP – Java & Scala
– Big Data – Spark/hadoop – ETL jobs at big scale
– Building RESTful APIs
– Cloud services – GCP is used, experience in AWS, Azure etc is fine
– The system will be built on Java primarily with some Scala usage (no experience in Scala necessary)
– Spark is being used for streaming and batch – familiarity with streaming will help
– Other tools used are Kubernetes, Terraform is plus, Airflow, Presto, Beam ETL Side, Pubsub, Dataproc, Dataflow
– DB – Postgres, Elasticsearch, Bigtable
– Strong Design Architecture / systems design experience
– Strong Java and/or Scala engineering experience
– RESTful API creation experience
– Apache Spark experience
– Hadoop experience with data at scale
– Excellent base salary to £110K
– Excellent stock options provided
– Remote based initially and mainly remote (around 1 day per week in London office) moving forward
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.