Avanti Recruitment are working closely with a distribution management company based in Slough, they are currently looking for a Java Developer due to continuous growth within the company.
You will be joining a small but very knowledgeable development team who are very dedicated to writing good clean reusable code whilst following TDD processes. This role is 100% hands on and they are looking for someone to join the team who enjoys following the TDD process and who will share their enthusiasm with this. The company follows the Agile methodology.
You will be working on two main projects, the first is a client facing web application and the other is to replace the legacy DOS system in use currently. When working on the client facing system, it is mainly driven by client requests whilst the work on the main back office system is a combination of new functionalities and the replacement and improvement of a legacy system. Both access a single database sever and each of which are hosted on Tomcat servers.
This role will require you to be in the office 1 day per week, due to the location of the office it would be beneficial if you drive or live close by.
Senior Java Developer Requirements:
The ideal candidate for this position would have experience with the use of tools such as Spring, Vaadin, Maven, Struts, Hibernate and Cucumber.
* Excellent knowledge of Java
* Good knowledge/use of Spring
* Must have strong TDD experience
* Worked within an Agile environment
* Experience with JDK would be desirable
* Experience with Hibernate
* Software development and the maintenance to meet requirements
* You will be creating JIRA issues and building sprints with the Head of IT
* Always be looking for improvements within the process
* You will be working as part of a team
* Following the TDD process
The salary that is on offer for this position is up to £70,000.
If you would like to be considered for the role of Senior Java Developer please contact Paul at Avanti Recruitment or click Apply Now
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.