Jump IT Recruitment is working exclusively with tecwork – a Leading IT and Telecoms solutions provider – to find a bright, capable IT and Telecoms Engineer to join its team supporting businesses across Kent, Sussex and London.
Alongside an existing knowledge of IT and Telecoms, a keen interest in new technology and telecoms solutions is needed, however, tecwork are keen to hire the ‘mindset’ rather than the ‘cv’ so if you think you are suitable please get in touch.
Comprehensive training will be provided where necessary and the training will continue as required.
This role will be partly home/remote working and partly working from customer sites (across the South East, so some car travel necessary)
The role will predominantly be one of installation, commissioning, programming, configuration and project management but will also involve assisting with 1st line and 2nd line support when required.
As the role is very broad in terms of skillset, we anticipate that, initially, the candidate would be working closely with our Technical Director to ‘learn’ the ‘how to’s’. It is likely that the candidate will be required to attend surveys and installations at customer sites as well as, potentially, being responsible for preparing proposals and quotations.
There is the potential for this role to develop into a very senior role in the fullness of time.
As an IT & Telecoms Engineer in our Support division you will be required to provide a combination of IT Support and Technical Sales support to our customers across a general range of IT & Telecoms products and services, including, but not limited to the following;
* Windows 7/8/10 workstations and laptops – working with the latest software versions.
* Windows Server/SBS ‘03/’08/’12/’16 including Active Directory and Exchange ’07/’10/’13/’16 – working with the latest software versions.
* Microsoft Hyper-V configuration and administration.
* VMware Server, Workstation, ESXi, vSphere.
* Microsoft Office ’07/’10/’13/’16 – working with the latest software versions.
* Microsoft 365 configuration, administration & migration.
* Apple Mac OSX & iOS 10/11 and newer versions.
* Google Android 5/6/7 and newer versions.
* Configuration & installation of LAN/WAN/WiFi networks.
* Installation of ADSL & FTTC/P, SoGEA broadband including configuration of routers.
* Draytek & Watchguard interface & firewall configuration.
* Support and maintain server hardware and backups.
* DNS, DHCP, VPN, NAS, RAID.
* Gamma Horizon and 3CX installations & support.
* Avaya IPOffice installations & support.
* Gamma Portal management.
* Freshdesk Support portal management.
All the necessary tools to carry out your job will be provided such as; Company vehicle, Laptop, Horizon deskphone & app, Microsoft 365/SharePoint & Skype, Freshdesk support ticketing system, Connectwise remote support software.
tecwork will also be employing further members of staff in a technical IT role (or technical sales) to work with us and support you in future.
Alongside technical skills the ideal candidate requires good organisational and inter-personal skills as close working relationships will be necessary with other members of the team. You may also be required to attend sales appointments with new and existing customers. There will also be an opportunity for you to look for business opportunities to upsell or cross-sell into customer accounts and you will be encouraged to identify and promote this to customers as well as pass on leads for other divisions to follow up. There will be the opportunity to earn bonuses and commission, details to be discussed and agreed.
You will need to be excellent at dealing with customer complaints professionally & remaining cool under pressure. It is likely that you will deal with businesses in Tunbridge Wells and the local area as well as other areas in the South East including Kent, Sussex and London. You will be required to be conscientious and hard-working. You will be closely supervised initially, although, depending on performance, it is anticipated that the need for such supervision will dwindle over time. You will be participating in regular Sales and Service meetings and there will be constant communication via Microsoft Teams.
In return for your hard work, a salary and benefits package will be provided commensurate with skills and experience. A new company car will be provided.
The ideal candidate must hold a full UK driving licence and ideally be located in West Kent or East Sussex.
Permanent position only, please email a CV to Roger at Jump IT in the first instance
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.