IT Technician – Apprenticeship (18 Month FTC)
GK Apprenticeships is recruiting on behalf of Rakata Technology, an IT Managed Services provider, solutions provider and software developer based in Bristol.
They are a growing company and have been in business since 2007. They provide end-to-end IT services for their clients and pride themselves on providing excellent customer service. They operate in a friendly manner and their focus is delivering for their clients.
They are currently looking for an Apprentice IT Technician to join their Technical Support team on a full-time, 18-month apprenticeship.
What will I be doing?
As an Apprentice IT Technician, you will take on a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship and learn about the main areas of IT infrastructure support whilst undertaking general support activities.
Working as part of the IT Team, there is also scope for involvement in technical implementation projects on customer sites.
What’s more, if you can demonstrate the right skills and knowledge, this role could also incorporate web development (Joomla, WordPress, LAMP) PHP development and .NET development.
Your daily tasks will include:
– IT user administration
– Systems monitoring
– Responding to queries from customers via phone, email or online chat/helpdesk
– Providing clear answers and explanations of technical problems to a non-technical audience
– Troubleshooting issues methodically and finding solutions using your own initiative
– Managing complex cloud infrastructure for both Rakata solutions and customer solutions
– Splitting time between Microsoft and Linux Environments
To be considered as an Apprentice IT Technician, no experience is required however, it would be good if you had:
– An IT and/or technical qualification
– Good ICT skills
– A genuine interest in technology
– English and Maths GCSE at C grade or equivalent
If you are considering a career in IT, this is an excellent opportunity to develop a wide range of IT skills and gain vital experience whilst being part of, and learning from, a skilled and successful team.
You will have the chance to develop your practical skills and knowledge whilst gaining a qualification at the end of your apprenticeship to support this.
This is a full-time position working 39 hours per week, 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
– Apprenticeship salary of £14,000 per annum
– Gain a valuable Level 3 IT apprenticeship qualification
– Gain hands-on industry experience in the IT Sector
Other organisations may call this role IT Apprentice, Apprentice IT Engineer, Apprentice IT Technician, Trainee Helpdesk Technician, Trainee Desktop Support Technician, or Information Technology Apprentice.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we reserve the right to close the role early should a sufficient number be received. As such, we would encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Apprentice IT Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.