IT/Technical Support Technician (163jc) – Plymouth – up to £22k + Benefits
My client, who are world leaders in the development of Body Worn Video (BWV) technology are now seeking to recruit an IT/Technical Support Technician for their operation in Plymouth.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
As part of their team, you will be working with a wide variety of technologies and serve a diverse set of users principally involved in the Cloud, Server, Infrastructure, WIFI and 4G/5G environments. Candidates should have a relevant IT qualification or equivalent, plus work experience in a relevant/similar post.
You will be a skilled individual who is self-motivated, highly organised and works well as part of a team. Your role will be involved in providing their Customers with a first-class Pre & post-sales experience when choosing them as their Body Worn Video supplier and partner. Resolving IT Issues pro-actively and reactively on customers’ core infrastructure, Azure Cloud and both our and end-user devices.
Therefore, your main responsibilities will include:
– To provide Technical guidance and support, to customers in their ‘Journey’ from ‘thinking Body Camera idea’ to ‘roll-out’ and beyond.
– Provide 1st / 2nd Line support to customers via Telephone, Email, ANYDESK / TeamViewer etc
– To Assist Customers with their Technical questions regarding our Product range (Training Provided) Spanning user issues to Network configuration.
– To Assist Customers with Software installations on their own Server and Network or via our MS Azure Cloud.
– Provide Technical support to our customers typically spanning a wide geographical area and where English may not be their Primary Language.
– Must be a problem solver and be able to quickly identify and solve issues.
– To be an ambassador for the company to the outside world.
– To form working relationships with our premier customers in the Blue Light and Public Sector Market place.
– To Potentially serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and exhibitions.
Other Internal Tasks
-Load software onto to our products
– Check quality of product deliveries from suppliers.
– Aid in management of Company Stock and secure storage.
– Manage incoming Stock deliveries and dispatch of goods to customers globally.
– Responsible for Stock Control, creation and improvement of Stock control electronic reporting and databases on a daily basis.
– Manage low level electronic repairs – e.g. Soldering. (low level electronics knowledge useful).
– To assist in the authoring of product Instruction manuals and procedures. Ensure documentation for system policies, technical specifications and operating procedures are maintained and updated.
– To provide support in the preparation of Bids / Tenders.
– Manage and develop Company Video hosting site – VIMEO.
– Assist in Management of CMS / DEMS Software Licencing.
– Provide any ad-hoc IT/administration as directed by the IT Manager
You will need the following skills and abilities to apply for this role:
– An influential communicator, with the ability to deliver clear and concise messages and identify mutually agreeable solutions
– Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
– Be able to communicate and influence Senior peer group down to basic user.
– Strong customer and client focus
– Team Player
– Must have entrepreneurial spirit, be a self-starter, able to, and used to, working remotely and be able to plan to reach company objectives.
– Smart and Corporate in appearance due to the Conservative and Uniform environment of our customers.
– Must be able to interact with Customers where Technology may not be their Forte.
Prepared to travel throughout UK and The World involving Night away from “Home”. Have a passport, clean driving licence, potential need to be security cleared so a clean criminal record. Checkable work History etc.
Experience Required –
– Remote Software Installation experience
– Remote IT and Technical support experience
– Remote IT fault finding – Server and Desktop Configuration / Port Issues
– Build and manage databases.
– SQL Server / MS Server
– MS Azure / Amazon Cloud environments
– CCTV products and Control room software such as Genetec / Milestone / Axis / Verint /
– 3G / 4 G Live Video transmission.
– PTT and commercial communications.
– Software writing and coding experience.
The ideal candidate for this role would probably be someone who experience in working in a 1st and 2nd line tech environment and who is seeking to further develop their skills in the future, as this company is currently undergoing a massive growth period.
In return they are offering a good starting salary and package, as well a trust-based flexi-time system and they are seeking someone who can roll their sleeves up and muck in and help others within this small company.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.