This is a varied role for an an enthusiastic, versatile IT professional, with a minimum of 2 years experience working in the field.
The job involves working from home during lock down and at our central London offices and at client sites in central London.
Working as part of a small team of IT specialists, developers and graphic designers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an all round IT person who wants to get involved in the full range of general IT support, including web site development using WordPress and PHP.
The work involves a mixture of WordPress web site development and web site support as well as general IT support, including first line support for a range of business systems for clients in professional services sector principally in the built environment sector.
This is a full time post with flexibility in hours worked, working in the office and remotely as part of a distributed team.
* Development of design-led web sites for small businesses working as part of a team of dedicated web professionals.
* Duties will include first and second line IT support for users and networks.
* Client systems are centered around Windows for desktop and servers, with iOS for mobile users and Cloud based systems being implemented over time.
* Management and implementation of IT systems on premises and in the cloud.
* Systems monitoring and cyber security management and monitoring.
* There will be some general hardware support and implementation.
* IT Project management will be part of the role, where individual projects are being implemented.
Working hours and practices
* You will be part of a distributed organisation with well established remote working practices.
* Full training and the opportunity to learn the systems being supported will be given.
* Initial trial for six months after which post becomes permanent
* Working hours are flexible but based around a core of 7 hours per day. The core hours are 09:30 to 17:30, Monday to Friday.
* This is a professional role and post holders will be expected to work hours according to the demands of the job. Time input will be blalanced across weeks, with time off in lieu for work done that is outside the core hours.
* Working out of hours – including weekends- will be required for implementing new systems, software and hardware maintenance and office moves.
* There is a need to work outside core hours in emergency situations (virus outbreak, cyber attack, system down).
* Some on-call availability may be required beyond the core hours.
* Smart and professional appearance needed when visiting client sites.
* Visits to client premises will be required in a limited number of specific circumstances even during lock down.
1. Minimum two years experience working in a technical role in the field of IT and/or software development.
2. A relevant degree or vendor certifications are a preferred.
3. It is essential that you understand software development and have recent coding experience.
4. Experience in software development (web development, esp. WordPress and PHP is an advantage).
5. Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft tecnologies is also desirable
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.