URGENT VACANCY – 2ND/3RD LINE SUPPORT ENGINEER – SWINDON – £40K with brilliant career prospects. You'll be based in state of the art offices in Swindon working for a leading IT solutions provider who are growing month by month with clients based across the UK.
This is a company where driven all-rounders fit in well. You will be offered the career path to become a Senior Consultant/Engineer within a growing UK team.
It will be your role to provide support and engineering expertise to a range of clients, working on many different types of projects both internally and externally, you will work as part of a busy Technical Support team to deliver industry leading support services.
Your role will be to manage daily issues and requests while performing infrastructure maintenance tasks. You'll communicate issues and resolutions to all levels within the organisation in an effective manner. Act as first line support internally and externally escalating when required
Skills & Requirements
* Hands-on enterprise administration experience
* Experience in remote support and phone support
* Proficient with Windows Server 2008/2012 (including IIS, DFS, Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS)
* Network infrastructure (both on site and inter site – e.g. VPN, Firewall and Routers)
* Administrative Experience with managing a VMWare 4.x/5.x/6.x virtual environments
* Microsoft Office 365
* Administrative experience with Hyper-V
* Administrative Experience with software installation/upgrading procedures
* Experience of working within a Managed Service Provider would be particularly useful
Required Skills and Traits:
* A can do/die hard attitude making sure things get fixed – doing whatever it takes!
* Understanding fundamentals of TCP/IP such as IP addressing, subnets, VLANs, routing.
* Understanding and experience of Veeam backup and replication, Backup Exec
* Knowledge of MS-SQL, MySQL, IIS, Apache Server Administration
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good organisational skills to balance and prioritise work
If interested, send your CV now, INTERVIEWS can take place within 24 hours of CVs being reviewed
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.