This is a cover role for desktop positions around London, mainly West London. Candidates will need to have their own transport (travel allowance paid on top of salary). Data Centre experience would be a bonus.
This role is to provide cover for the onsite engineers at client sites. As a result, this role will encompass a broad range of duties which will include, but is not exclusive to, Helpdesk / 1st line work such as call-logging, 2ndline fixing such as troubleshooting desktop / hardware (PC, laptop and printer) and potentially maintaining a server estate in a data centre environment. Equally, as a cover engineer, you may be the sole person onsite and/or part of a customer or team.
Troubleshoot and resolve problems in person and via phone.
Answer phone calls and log accurately into customer’s call logging system.
Troubleshoot Desktop, Laptops and Printer problems.
Investigate and resolve incidents in accordance with SLAs.
Be expected to patch users and communications room as and when required.
Adapt to the varying customer environments and cultures, along with their in-house processes.
Knowledge and Skills;
Microsoft Windows desktop O/S
Microsoft Office 2016/2010/2007/2003.
icrosoft Outlook 2016/2010/2007/2003.
Structured Call Logging System
HP printers (Network server setup and configuration).
* Bighand(Digital Dictation)
* Interwoven FileSite or DM5 (Document Management System)
* Mobiles, Tablets & BYOD’s
* BES experience
* Data Centre environment (HDD swaps / alerts / patching)
* Support of large user base on-site and remotely.
* Document and communicate resolutions for future reference.
* Knowledge of ITIL processes
* Site or Field Engineering experience
* Full clean driving licence
* Availability to travel to different sites using own vehicle if necessary.
* Flexibility regarding shifts (generally 7-8 hrs 07:00 – 19:00)
* Weekend availability, if required, would be a bonus
* Thorough, demonstrates attention to detail
* Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
* Organised and able to identify and prioritise work.
* Supportive and reliable team member.
* Able to work well to aggressive and pressurised deadlines.
* Fluent English both written and spoken
* Ability to liaise with different levels of people
* Ability to communicate effectively and accurately
* Good clear telephone manner
IT Support Engineer IT Support Engineer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.