Spring Technology are working in partnership with one of the UK's largest and most respected ITO and BPO companies to recruit a proven 1st / 2nd line IT Support Engineer. This role sits within their support function and will require candidates to be skilled with a wide variety of applications, especially SQL.
This role is remote based, with occasional travel to the Bristol office.
Your role will be as a IT Service Desk Analyst to work as part of a team and become a primary contact point for IT service-related calls of a distributed IT infrastructure and business applications.
It's your passion for IT and providing excellent customer service, which can make all the difference!
* Gain an understanding and deliver IT Support Services in line with customer requirements
* Log customer calls accurately, undertake initial diagnostics & first-time fix resolutions to calls where possible
* Act as initial point of contact for existing IT issues and escalations
* Undertake mentoring of new starters on the desk as appropriate
* Deliver work task rotas, shift rota administration and reporting
* Ensure efficient escalation
* Deliver effective and targeted communication of issues and updates as appropriate to customers
What we're looking for:
* Proven track record in a customer service/service delivery environment
* Need to have experience of product support of bespoke applications and SQL/Database skills.
* Some experience of working with VMware, Windows Server, Citrix Xenapp, Relational Databases
* Used to working towards deadlines – pressurised environment
* Some exposure to databases and infrastructure maintenance – need to understand how infrastructure works
* Communication skills – written and verbal – used to engaging with clients – polite telephone manner
* Ability to prioritise and manage tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately at all levels.
* Experience of working in an IT based client facing customer service environment, resolving issues on site and remotely
Apply now to be considered for this outstanding IT support role based in Bristol
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.