IT Support and Pre-sales Graduate (Rotational scheme)
Location: Home based
Salary: £26,000 + benefits
Unleash your potential.
Join our 2021 graduate programme…
As a market-leading specialist in digital and critical software, we never stand still. So, you won’t either! At Civica, every day is different. From new faces and experiences, to opportunities and challenges, it’s our people and culture that makes us different. After all, our unbroken growth and success over the last 19 years hasn’t been coincidental. It’s been down to us attracting, recruiting and retaining, fresh thinking individuals with a passion to make a difference. Individuals just like YOU!
You will be working within two different business units within the Civica Local Government software businesses. This is a rotational graduate scheme where you will do circa 6 month placements within different areas of the business. (IT Support and Pre-Sales). We will then facilitate your preferred career path beyond the initial 1-2 year graduate scheme.
So, what does an IT Support and Pre-Sales Graduate do?
* You will follow a journey through Support and Pre-Sales before beginning a career in your chosen field.
* You will gain expertise and knowledge of the Local Government sector, our customer working practices and their requirements.
* Support – Financials Business Unit – You will work with the support team in answering and dealing with calls from customers about the new FinancialsLIVE application, launching in July 2021. You will receive training on the new system and begin listening in to support and training calls. You will initially take first level support calls, and progress onto 2nd level support calls.
* Pre – Sales – Pensions Business Unit – You will work with the sales team and pre-sales manager, planning individual and group customer demonstrations and engagements. You will also prepare sales collateral/marketing material for existing and new product developments. You are likely to progress onto presenting and demonstrating product sub sets within a few months.
The secret to your success
* Passion. That’s our secret. We only employ the most talented, qualified and creative graduates, all of whom exhibit professionalism, consistency and integrity in everything they do. We promise that the only career limitation will be your own ambition!
* Commitment. Our people and their commitment to do well for customers, colleagues and communities, is a defining characteristic of Civica.
* Excellent communication skills, a proven ability to work as a team and great interpersonal skills count. We’ll also be looking for you to be self-motivated and work on your own initiative. At Civica we embrace diversity and appreciate individuality, so don’t forget to tell us about your passions and adventures!
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
* Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
* ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
* Financial Times – Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
* Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
* Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Essential skills and qualifications
* Any degree considered, an interest in technology would be beneficial (minimum grade 2:2)
* 3 A-Levels or equivalent
* A flair for providing excellent customer service (previous customer service experience is desirable)
* Target driven
* Technical proficiency
* Strong organisational and planning skills
* An excellent communicator both written and oral
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality – Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
If you are interested in this position, please send apply.
The Civica Graduate Programme will start in October 2021
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.