Are you fed up working for a large organisation where you feel that you are just a number? Do you want to work in a small, friendly company where you can really make a difference? If so then this could be the job for you.
IT Software Projects Engineer
You will be designing and developing software solutions for industrial environments using the Khi-Ro product set.
As a Software Projects Engineer, essential duties will be to:
* Work with customers to gather requirements and produce functional specifications
* Be responsible for the development of working technical solutions using the Khi-Ro product set
* Produce customer documentation and training guides
* Work closely with our support engineers to resolve problems in a third line capacity.
* Ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget
Software development is a key aspect of this role, particularly in regard to configuring the Khi-Ro products to deliver a customer solution and also in the further development of the core products themselves.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
You will be degree qualified or have similar demonstrable experience in delivering software solutions.
Key technical skills include:
* Microsoft SQL Server
* C# .Net
* Microsoft Visual Studio & SQL Server Management Studio
This is both a back-office and customer facing role and so you will need to be articulate with good verbal and written communication skills. You will also need to be:-
* Willing and able to travel to customer sites on odd occasions (sometimes with one or two night stays)
* Logical thinker – able to take a set of requirements, document them and turn them into a working customer solution
* An organised, motivated, self starter
* Able to work on customer sites which may include factories producing food products comprising meats, nuts and other potentially allergic ingredients.
We offer 20 days paid holiday per annum increasing by one day per year up to 25 days.
We are situated on the outskirts of Peterborough, very close to the A1 Motorway and have ample parking outside the office.
Job Type / Category
Khi-Ro was established in 1998 and is a specialist software business in Industrial materials resource tracking, warehouse tracking, barcode scanning and business to business messaging systems.
Based out of our office in Peterborough we develop our own highly configurable software products which are used by some of the world’s largest companies.
We are a small company but with a full order book and so we are looking to fill this role as quickly as possible. This is an ideal role for a keen and ambitious person who wants to make a real difference and grow their role.
No agencies please
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.