We are seeking an experienced IT Security Specialist to join our client based at their impressive manufacturing facility in Telford. This is an exciting new role and an opportunity to join team of specialists offering support to this busy technical manufacturing company. This is a full time, permanent position that offers flexible working, a competitive salary and benefits. Initially this role will be working from home (until April 2021) however after this time you may be required to work on-site from time to time as required.
Boasting an 80year history, this innovative and globally renowned company are market leaders in digital solutions. In the early days, the company were at the forefront of printer and facsimile design and more recently with focus on bringing people, technology and processes together for business transformation.
We are seeking a proactive individual to join in this key role within the IT function. Reporting to the IT Manager, the primary task is to ensure the company are continuously protected against cyber threat and that data is kept secure. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the IT manager and the Business Continuity Team, requiring proactive planning and rapid responses to all security threats and incidents. The person within this role will serve as an escalation point for other members of the IT team and will be expected to ensure security compliance is maintained in line with relevant legislations and accreditations.
* Ensure cyber security within the business by designing and deploying security policies, principles and practices. A Key member of the IT infrastructure Recovery Team
* Support SOX and ISO27001 audits to ensure compliance. Support the business with keeping up to date with relevant legislation such as GDPR
* Investigate existing solutions to ensure they meet all recommended security standards and recommend remediation activities where required
* Work alongside RE SecOps team to ensure a concise approach to Cyber Security and propose new solutions
* Provide monthly update meeting with IT manager to review and prioritise workload and objectives
* Work with teams within the wider global business to ensure a strategic security vision
* Investigate and implement new technologies to support the needs of the business
* Create and maintain technical documentation using defined documentation templates yo support the management and deployment of IT solutions
* Support and maintain technical issues through Service Now
* Be proactive with project management when needed
* Prioritising and managing the cyber security budget
* Work with IT suppliers to provide solutions, maintain existing infrastructure and investigate new technologies
* Obtain quotes from multiple suppliers and continuously working with existing suppliers to obtain best cost
* Ensure that computer systems are fully operational and respond to any system failures that could have a significant impact
Qualifications & Experience
* Qualified to Degree level in a computer related subject or equivalent experience in Cyber Security
* Demonstrable experience in network/ service infrastructure and communications
* Good understanding of Endpoint Security products, Office 365 (O365 ATP, MA Defender ATP) Azure, Windows OS, PowerShell
* Network security experience (Firewall, VPN, IDS/IPS)
* Legislation and security standards experience (GDPR, ISO27001 etc.)
Skills and Attributes:
* Effective time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
* The ability to manage ones own workload within recourse to the IT manager
* The ability to be reactive and proactive in managing projects resources within budgets and constraints
* Strong communication/ customer service skills as candidate would be expected to liaise with all levels up to and including directors
* High degree of concentration required
This role offers a competitive salary and generous benefits which include profit related bonus, executive medical and private health cover. Such a truly brilliant opportunity to work with a global company! To apply, please send your CV to Gemma Turp today!
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East), as well as Instagram (@horizonsearchandselection) to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.