Role: IT Project Manager
Salary: £60K per annum
Our client are a national company who provide a bespoke software service to each of their clients. They have th a staff headcount of 115 whereby their current in-house development team is comprised of 5 developers and 2 project managers. Our team currently manages an in-house system (PHP Laravel on MySQL Database), our on-site server and our market-leading customer portals (AWS).
This hire is a vital hire for our client. As the IT Project Manager you will be expected to manage the complete restructure and rewrite of their in-house software, integration into Sage 200 and the ongoing progression of their development team.
This person will manage the IT Development team as well as conducting the troubleshooting and software maintenance.
It is vital that this candidate can translate technical languages into non-technical language as you will be the point of contact between the development team and their clients.
It will require to establish and sustain strong working relationships across the business.
* We plan to rebuild our in-house system using a mix of contractors, in-house developers and potentially purchased standalone services
* Enhance our customer portals to be at the forefront of carbon analytical performance for our clients
* We plan to build customer ordering apps (progressive web apps)
* Overseeing our Microsoft network & Cyber Security (Meraki, Mimecast, BitDefender)
* Managing our in-house development team
* Communicating with senior management
* Instigating change with an innovative and fresh approach
* Supporting and contributing to recruitment of new employees within the team
* Managing the projects from the start to completion
* Initially this will be transferring a full stack system into a PHP/ Laravel based system
* Understanding the process of coding and how this works
* Being able to scope out and put into practice client ideas and needs
* Providing advice to clients regarding their bespoke software, to increase their user experience
* Manage bug fixes
The ideal candidate will ideally possess the following:
* Understanding of PHP Laravel applications
* Understanding of MySQL Database
* Cloud Computing experience, preferably AWS
* Working understanding of desktop support and network support and in-house servers
* Agile development
* A wide range understanding of different development languages
* Previous experience managing a team and communicating with senior management would be beneficial
* Managing IT across several sites.
* Working knowledge of API & EDI Systems
* A working knowledge of a variation of software languages (predominantly PHP & Laravel)
* Prince 2 qualification would be beneficial but not essential
Full time, permanent
Office based (with flexibility as & when)
37.5hrs per week between core hours (8am-5pm), additional hours as and when needed
Competitive salary & performance-related annual bonus
22 holidays plus bank holidays, with an extra holiday day per year up to 25 days
Company-paid benefits scheme
Free onsite parking
Attendance bonus scheme
Glu Recruit LTD are an equal opportunities employer and are acting as a recruitment agent in the hiring of this role.
Glu Recruit LTD ensure that all qualified applicants are considered for employment in the role that they have applied for, and any other suitable opportunity that we advertise without regard to age, belief, colour, ethnic/national origin, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or based on disability. If you require any additional support to apply for this role, or any other role that we advertise please contact us directly for assistance
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.