IT Project Manager
6-month contract initially
This role is office based – 3 days per week in the office and 2 days from home.
£415 per day, inside IR35
Are you an experienced IT Project Manager who has previous exposure to the Rail Industry?
Do you have a proven track record in delivering successful, complex IT projects with an element of business change?
Our client is looking for someone with significant knowledge of project management principles and methods who can join their core renewals team in Milton Keynes.
You will take responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or several smaller initiatives and actively participate in all phases.
You will work on Word, excel, PowerPoint, windows server, oracle, and migration – MS Project.
* Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders; as appropriate.
* Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
* Manages the change control procedure; ensures that change is captured; impact assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost; timescale and resource budgets; and are signed off.
* Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
* Significant knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, tools, and emerging trends.
* Proven experience in management of customer expectations, senior stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
* Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery / development life cycles (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative)
* Strong financial management skills including quality forecasting
* Formal Programme/Project Management qualifications – APM/P – Certified Project Manager, Prince 2 etc
If you have the relevant experienced and would like further information on this position, please submit your CV to Amy Naden at Vital today:
* a m y . n a d e n
* (phone number removed) – 8 3 6 – (phone number removed)
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients, the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment, and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.