IT Operations Engineer – 2nd LIne Support Engineer
Chichester and remote working.
Salary to £30k and excellent benefits
My client a leading UK Financial Services company are looking for an IT Operations Support Engineer to conduct 2nd Line Support duties for their IT Hardware and Software Systems. This role will be based both in their offices in Chichester and with some remote working as well. This role will suit an IT Support Engineer with 2 years plus IT support experience. Extensive training and strong career development will be offered to the successful candidate in this role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability work with the infrastructure and project teams to ensure the systems are maintained and operational resilience is achieved. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to identify problems and escalate to the appropriate team or engage resources to help treat or manage the problem . At least 2 years' experience in an Infrastructure support role is required for this role.
– Using ticketing system for internal and external infrastructure support.
– Maintain core systems for the company.
– Good understanding of virtual platforms specifically VMWare
– Basic networking skills
– Ability to work in a varied role with a range of technologies
– Backup and resilience fundamentals
– Anti-Virus & firewall / security fundamentals
– Cloud technology fundamental understanding
– Desktop end-user equipment
– Active Directory & Group Policy administration (inc powershell)
– Desktop & Server operating system build and configuration experience.
– Operating system problem solving / troubleshooting experience
– Basic Scripting and SQL query fundamentals
– Experience with Microsoft O365, Azure would be Advantageous
– Microsoft SQL database fundamentals
THis is an excellent role for a IT Support Engineer to work in a great team on large scale IT systems used by 100,000s of people everyday. Extensive training will be given in this role to train the successful candidate in Cloud, networking and database technologies involved in this role.
Please send your CV for immediate interview?
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.