IT Infrastructure Engineer – Linux, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Cloud, Virtualisation…
Leeds (Remote from home)
c£40K Base Salary
A very rare opportunity for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to join an early stage start-up developing mobile communication intelligence and analytics software solutions; with broad applications across Security, Defence and Commercial sectors there is no shortage of variety and opportunity. Despite their size and age, they have successfully deployed their hosted and on premise solutions globally. Their bright and innovative team are further evolving their solutions and commercial user cases to take to new markets, hence the need to hire this critical role, this is an exciting time to join a profitable early stage business at a pivotal point in their short history.
The Infrastructure engineer performs essential IT and networking functions for the company in the areas of monitoring, analysing and design of the internal and client hosted IT infrastructure. Core areas include:
* Monitoring IP traffic and access logs, adapting to unusual or inefficient accesses
* Managing server firewalls, using standard tools such as UFW and cloud protections
* Maintain an up to date record of server configurations, usage, firewall/whitelists and metadata and upgrade software to patch security issues
* Add and update NGINX configurations to support new web services or hosted sites/domains
* Deploy new cloud servers in accordance with company configuration strategy and firewalls
* Maintain user access lists and security tokens for servers and logins
* Provide support for engineering/CTO, development, or pre-sales with regards to network issues or server outages
* Database maintenance – creation of users, tables, aiding with database design, updates etc.
* Understanding of Linux, terminal commands, architectures, common applications and configuration of services and networking
* Network design (IP), configuration, and security practices
* Cyber-security defence principles and practices, including VPNs and encryption
* Virtualisation (VMWare, VirtualBox) experience desirable
* Digital Ocean, Google, AWS or Azure (or similar) cloud hosting experience
* Database and database modelling (MySQL) beneficial but not essential
* Experience with CI/CD desirable but not essential
* Root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills
* Work independently on a flexible schedule
A very rare prospect to join an early stage technology developer, offering unrivalled career growth opportunities and diversity. Our client’s culture grants lots of autonomy, the chance to influence and thus to make the role one’s own. Not only will the Infrastructure Engineer enjoy exposure to Global customers, will also work closely with “The CTO” and The Development team in an advisory role supporting the design and build of new products. Isero are acting as sole recruitment partners for this role
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.