Our market-leading client in Guildford seeks an IT Consultant to join their growing team.
The company offers great benefits, genuine progression opportunities and many options for you to learn new technologies.
My client is a UK-wide group of ICT experts enabling businesses to work smarter through technology. They specialise in the design, implementation, and support of a range of Cloud services and business applications including I.T. managed services, I.T. infrastructure support, hosted collaboration, and mobile communication solutions.
What will the IT Consultant be doing day-to-day?
This role is varied and will include a mix of client-facing and internal technical consultancy, pre-sales technical design, project work and support work, both in the office and working at client’s sites.
The IT Consultant will help clients with their digital transformation journey, including advising on and implementing infrastructure and cloud solutions, plus cyber security and safeguarding.
Communication is a key part of this role, ensuring ideas, recommendations and plans are clear and documented. An ability to explain technical things to non-technical stakeholders is important.
IT Consultant – Overview:
* Lead client IT audits, creating digital transformation plans for implementation.
* Set technical standards, working within the group.
* IT infrastructure planning, including network designs, cloud services, and cyber security. From planning and design through to project completion.
* Provide IT consultancy and third/fourth level technical support services to clients, on-site and remotely.
* Assist with internal IT systems and IT projects, including R&D.
* Provide technical guidance and be a point of technical escalation when required to ensure high service levels are delivered and maintained.
Company & department responsibilities:
* You will be a key member of the senior team, with a flexible and adaptable approach to the job and a focus on providing the best possible service at all times.
* You will provide direct assistance to clients, plus internal company support.
* You will work on technical R&D as the company works with new IT products and systems.
* You will be a technology enthusiast who is good with people and enjoy solving problems.
* This role requires regular working at client’s sites. You will need your own transport and a willingness to travel.
* You will be able to produce comprehensive and high-quality technical designs and proposals, a combination of written reports and diagrams.
IT Consultant – Qualifications & experience:
* A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role.
* Experience working with and supporting a range of IT solutions:
* Essential: Microsoft technologies:365, Azure, Windows, AD, Servers, Hyper-V
* Cloud technologies and SAAS
* Cyber Securities systems and strategies
* Networks – network switches, wireless networks, routers, cabling infrastructures, firewalls
* VMware/Hyper-V & related storage systems
* Microsoft certifications
* Ruckus network certifications
* HPE Aruba ACSP
* Cisco CCNA
* Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)