Visa’s Government Engagement team is focused on developing Visa's position on key public policy issues facing the digital payments sector.
The team is responsible for establishing Visa as a thought leader on key issues, maintaining critical external relationships and proactively aligning business initiatives with policy trends and public policy objectives.
The team monitors policy developments in the UK, Ireland and around the world, and through sound research and analysis develops content that helps shape the policy discourse. The team also provides advice to a number of internal stakeholder groups on both mature and emerging payments policy issues..
We are looking for a self- starting intern to facilitate more agile ways of working. You will be relied upon as a trusted resource for the team to undertake research, analyse policy, review documents, distil volumes of information into key insights and effectively communicate key findings. You will have a good grasp of politics, economicsand ideally a keen interested in industry developments pertaining to FinTech and payments. Interns could work on:
* Research key policy issues and assist senior members of the team in content development (e.g., drafting issues papers, case studies, discussion papers, fact sheets, presentations, memos, and responses to public consultations)
* Update internal policy and regulation tracking tools and produce periodic reports for internal stakeholders
* Facilitating joint problem-solving with mid-level and senior-level colleagues
* Monitor the evolution of the FinTech industry, competitive landscape, new technology developments and regulatory environment.
* Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues.
* Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for recommendations.
* Communicate recommendations to senior management in a clear, concise and impactful way
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.