Infrastructure Operations Lead (AWS, Cloud, CI/CD)
£50,000 to £60,000
There are two working options:
* Option ONE: 100% Remote Working
* Option TWO: 4 Days Remote Working AND 1 day a week in the Northampton office
Only apply if you are already based in the UK and have full eligibility to live and work in the UK
Client: A privately-owned Software as a Service company specialising in Incident Management, Crisis Communications and Threat Management software that delivers trusted security and safety platforms to some of the UK's largest organisations, government and SME customers.
Role: This is a key role where you will deliver a world class service to customers and will help pave the way for ongoing growth and development of the company’s platform.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Chief Technology Officer, you will need to be able to provide technical expertise to ensure the day-to-day production platform operation and service provision is not compromised. You will work with Software and Devops Engineers in the UK and India, and Service Desk colleagues in the UK.
You will be comfortable with managing change and will be primarily responsible for transitioning the company away from using 3rd parties to run their operations to run this capability in-house where it makes sense to do so.
You will be equally adept at automating solutions to monitor current systems status, resolve issues automatically and by providing a “run book” that can be used by other operational staff to respond to systems issues. You will be the gatekeeper to moving new functionality into their production platforms, ensuring compliance with relevant operational and security best practices. You will have ultimate responsibility for ensuring their operations are up and running on a 24/7 basis and will respond to P1 and P2 issues out of working hours should they need to be escalated to you.
The right candidate will make this role their own and can expect promotion to Principal Engineer and a role in senior software engineering management within the company.
* Adopt and evangelise a “No outages” regime
* Collaborate with other teams to provide the guidelines and support to ensure high quality solutions
* Monitor, triage and fix (where applicable) the production architecture. Liaise with 3rd parties systems management teams to effect the same
* Work with the CTO to ensure infrastructure stability and monitoring.
* Work with the COO to support initiatives, new strategies and project deliverables.
* Work with 3rd party service providers to ensure compliance with SLAs and operational efficiency
* 4+ years of experience of operating in an AWS environment
* Excellent experience in systems operations of cloud architectures
* Proven ability to automate operational tasks (Python, PHP, Bash etc)
* Experience working within a continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) environment (Jenkins/Git)
* You will be quality driven but pragmatic in your approach to delivering solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an exciting SaaS company going through a very strong growth stage having recently secured major contracts. There will be a two-stage interview process for successful applicants
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.