Infrastructure Software Engineer – Banking
An exciting opportunity exists for an Infrastructure Software Engineer at a leading bank. Our client is currently working on building a digital team focused on transforming the banks engineering capabilities within the bank. There will be a specific focus on infrastructure software engineering, testing and site reliability.
Duration: 6 months rolling
Daily rate: Markets rates INSIDE IR35
* Lead the exploration of new tools and techniques.
* Work with engineering leads from all areas/platforms to further develop the standards/best practices.
* Develop learning paths to ensure that practitioners have a defined route to improve their skills.
* Work with Product Owner and Practice leads to identify the technology skills required for successful operation of the pod.
* Provide team based, or 1-1 technical consultation to infrastructure engineering teams.
* Give steering and guidance to a network of training leads/coaches to ensure consistency of vision and delivery.
* Have demonstrated experience developing infrastructure software and expertise in the set of foundational development tools in use (Git, Gitbub, Jenkins, Mulesoft, Ansible, Puppet, PowerShell, Python, additional: Postman, Nexus, Litmus, Cherkmarx, Sonatype).
* Have working knowledge of a much broader set of infrastructure technology and be able to advise on appropriate use cases for the technology.
* Understand why the wide scale adoption of automation and APIs will increase the agility of application development teams, and be able to share this vision in a simple and accessible way.
* Be well versed in agile methods
* Have practiced team development and have the ability to develop a coaching plan for a team
* Be comfortable teaching hands-on engineering skills to people with varying technical backgrounds.
* Work with globally distributed teams.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, apply now for an immediate review
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.