Infrastructure & Network Engineer
The Infrastructure & Network Engineer has a key role managing a broad range of technologies supporting large data and ecommerce platforms. Responsibilities span day-to-day operational support and transformational projects as part of our cloud migration roadmap (Azure). This role joins a small high-performance team contributing to and delivering effective change at pace with a focus on integrated architecture ensuring systems remain stable, available and performant.
The successful applicant will form a key part of the technology team responsible for cloud migration delivering innovative technical and process change. This spans the Azure technology stack and as such the applicant will have an opportunity to develop and train to meet evolving skills demand.
* Microsoft Server infrastructure & Active Directory on VMware technologies
* Supporting management and delivery of Cloud operations in Azure
* Managing network infrastructure (LANs/WANs, switches, firewalls, Load balancers and Wifi)
* System & device patches, upgrades and fixes
* Stringent control of storage capacity (both physical & virtual) and data retention
* Routine system monitoring (Zabbix), patching, upgrades and on-demand fix
* Identifying, recommending and testing emerging technologies, products, methods and techniques.
* Incident, Problem & Change management of technical issues using JIRA
* Occasional basic deskside support as required (remote support during Covid)
* Timely communication with users, colleagues and partners to inform, log and escalate
* Documentation as required (e.g. specification, design, map, runbook or change).
Background / Experience:
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems
* Strong knowledge of networking (Juniper and Unifi)
* Strong knowledge of VMware
* Clear understanding and exposure to storage management
* Experience in one or more scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell)
* Some practical experience with Azure beneficial
* Desirable: Working knowledge of Linux (CentOS & Ubuntu)
* Desirable: Database experience (Postgres, SQL).
* Desirable: An understanding of Agile and DevOps methodology.
* Inspires confidence with a self-starter attitude with distinguishable accountability
* Demonstrable ability to work dynamically, collaboratively & effectively
* Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills with a keen attention to detail
* Confident in taking on challenges and enjoys learning new concepts, methodologies and technologies
* Demonstrates personal commitment
* Solid communication, both written and oral
* Desirable: An understanding of Agile and DevOps methodology
* Desirable: Presentation techniques confident in front of Experts & Leaders alike
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.