Infrastructure and Application Support Specialist
Location: Eurocentral, ML1 4UF, Motherwell.
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: Full time, 35 hours per week.
Would you like to be part of a new era for the charity sector in Scotland?
This is your chance to join the Piper Group – a new charity group that is bringing innovation and change to Scotland’s social care sector.
A first for the charity sector in Scotland, The Piper Group offers innovation through sharing the costs of delivering and designing the most efficient and effective finance, ICT, HR, and learning and development functions at our shared service centre at INSPIRE House in North Lanarkshire.
By sharing the cost of delivery of charitable services, we can invest in what really matters. The Piper Group is committed to accelerating change which will improve the lives of people who have disabilities – and the dedicated staff who work with them.
This is your chance to play your part in this as we have a fantastic opportunity for an Infrastructure and Application Support Specialist join our team.
• Work directly with other team members and third parties to ensure stability of network and server infrastructure
• Manage Business As Usual requests
• Software Deployment and Maintenance
• Standard Operating Environment Development and Deployment
• Mobile Device Management Configuration and Troubleshooting
• Update records appropriately to ensure accurate Asset Management
• Work with 3rd party teams to move services to Azure hosting from on-premise environment
• Develop Scripts to help automate manual processes
• Seek opportunities for continuous improvement and implement solutions that add value
• Support of laptops, desktops, mobiles and printers
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Take overall responsibility for performance testing including initial scoping exercise which will involve reviewing the systems architecture and technologies employed, understanding the inherent risks and identifying potential bottlenecks
• Determine high level performance test scenarios that need to be executed
• Work with clients on the definition and/or review of Non-Functional requirements on a project
• Provide clearly documented options analysis and recommendations
To be successful in this role the Infrastructure and Application Support Specialist will be a logical and creative thinker who embraces the varied set of responsibilities. We are looking for an experienced individual to join our ICT team and work alongside third-party vendors to ensure we deliver a reliable and robust hardware and software infrastructure to our end users. The candidate needs to demonstrate competent IT literacy around applications and infrastructure. Core technical areas include Azure, Intune, O365, Sharepoint, PowerShell, APIs and SQL. Delivering reliable IT environments that enable the business every day is a challenging and dynamic career with many opportunities.
Skills Required –
• In-Depth Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products including SharePoint, Teams and Intune
• O365 and Azure Active Directory administration
• PowerShell scripting to develop automation, integration and auto-provisioning
• Ideally, a min 3+ years professional experience with a focus on IT infrastructure, applications, information security, risk and compliance
• Ability to differentiate between applications and systems configuration issues and provide support in addressing these config issues for business applications
• Performance tuning and optimisation
• Flexible approach to working – out of hours on occasion and provide cover to other team members when required
Desirable Skills –
• PowerBI & API development (RESTful) desired but not essential
• SQL Programming or understanding
• Experience in Threat and Vulnerability analysis or IT Security risk assessments on IT services and applications;
• Experience in ISO 27001, Cyber essential plus or equivalent are a plus;
• Hands-on experience with the development lifecycle.
• Experience with vulnerability assessment and related risk assessment tools and/or application development experience is a plus
What’s also great about the Piper Group is that we’re passionate about developing all our staff and provide an extensive training programme, combined with a commitment to create career development opportunities.
Remember, this is an exciting opportunity to join a new charity partnership which is shaking up the social care sector in Scotland and making a real difference to people’s lives. Don’t miss the chance to help shape this journey.
The Piper Group is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.