Anderson Knight are recruiting a ICT Technical Analyst for our client based in South Lanarkshire. The purpose of this role is monitoring to ensure that ICT technical services and solutions are performing to optimal level. You will be accountable for resolving incidents and requests.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* You will be responsible for technical project management
* E2E management of technically focused ICT projects – Examples include, Brand home builds, refurbishments, new facilities etc
* Input into applications projects requiring technical input – Examples include guidance on server, access and network capability
* You will be responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of existing servers with regards to their services and performance. This will be done using global templates, standards and guidance where required.
* Deployment of new virtual/physical servers – This will be done using global templates, standards and guidance where required.
* You will be responsible for ensuring an end to end back up processes for ICT serves is running including all physical and logical checks are completed
* You will be responsible for ensuring a re-boot schedule is in place
* Configuration and set-up of switch gear
* Configuration and set-up of wireless access points
* Monitoring of network devices via Whatsup Gold
* Maintenance and Management of Telco systems and equipment
* Performance monitoring and carrying out any improvements to Telco systems
* You will be responsible for management of company mobile phones
* Firewall, Proxy server management
* Assist in any Mimecast changes, updates, requests coming via SA ICT
* Resolve any Mimecast issues raised by DI by working with the SA ICT team
* Awareness of MacAfee encryption and ability to troubleshoot any issues raised
* Monitoring and maintenance of all ICT Comms rooms and cabinets
* Oversight of rogue devices detected on the network by administrators
* Updating technical disaster recovery plans
Knowledge & Experience
* 5 – 8 years working within a similar position
* Excellent up to date working knowledge and understanding of ICT Technologies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
* Exceptional customer service skills – Internal and External
* Track record of supporting business infrastructure including servers (physical/virtual), networks, IT security, telephony etc
* Good understanding of industry trends and IT best practices such as ITIL, ISO 27001 etc.
* Proven implementation experience in Information and communication technologies
* Knowledge of communications requirements for installed and planned networked information systems, including technical, characteristics of associated hardware and software and targets for performance and quality of service
* Ability to obtain and interpret diagnostic data to assist in the analysis and investigation of incidents
* Ability to initiate and co-ordinate investigations to discover root causes, identify potential problem/improvement areas and further the implementation of remedial actions
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.