Head of Systems, Infrastructure, and Cloud Farnborough & Flexible working.
emapsite is looking for a technology leader; a Head of Department to provide inspirational leadership, long-term vision, and strategy to support the growth of our core B2B e-commerce platform and our Cloud-driven API propositions. You will ensure that the team is working cohesively, delivering high performance, and providing a customer-centric delivery capability.
Your primary objective will be to lead the systems & infrastructure team supporting our hosted & cloud services, our e-commerce site, IT security, our office IT, and a small team. You will be responsible for 150TB of data [which we are in the latter stages of moving to Azure from 130 VMs in our data centre] and supporting the business needs of 30 staff and 5000+ customers. You’ll also be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle management of all aspects of our infrastructure & cloud services from strategy, design, delivery, and both 2nd and 3rd line technical support.
What will you be doing?
In this role you will be responsible for a small team, some direct, a number of indirect and 3rd parties and provide technical support for multiple solutions, including low-level design, build, and performance delivery across the following areas:
* Microsoft Azure Virtual Server environments (on Rackspace)
* Data processing environment (open-source, hand-rolled, and proprietary)
* Cloud services technical support
* Storage & back up technical support
* Internal systems including SQL Server-based CRM and Office 365 and those externally provided such as Sage, Jira & Salesforce
* Postgres on Linux
* Hardware and software at the data centre
* Hardware and software at HQ and for flex/home workers (primarily Windows-based)
* ISO compliance and security responsibility
The role engages across multiple functions, both business and technical, to ensure services consistently match the needs and expectations of both internal and external stakeholders. You will be working with the rest of the Exec Team to deliver business growth and high-quality services to customers & helping drive our intent to reach Net-Zero
As you can imagine, this role is integral to our success as we move deeper into working with and supporting customers in providing the data engineering, processing, analytics, and delivery capabilities to realise their EO, AI, and IoT aspirations. We have high expectations that you will deliver against all the requirements of the organisation today while in parallel develop and deliver the solutions required for our continuing evolution.
You will ensure that accurate progress reporting is continually completed and communicated to relevant stakeholders and define and direct multiple projects and programmes to meet business demands and objectives, ensuring deliverables are timely and of high quality. You will work with other team leaders and the MD to develop and refine business cases and budgets for major programmes including consideration of wider public cloud adoption, colocation relocation, IT security considerations including ISO27001 and GDPR compliance, and architectural transformation.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a range of relevant experience; a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a step up in their career, ideally you should come to this opportunity with:
* Proven successes in the field and previous relevant technical leadership experience gained within a larger SME commercial environment
* A deep understanding of the relevant technologies and systems
* An ability to demonstrate how you have used technology to further a company’s proposition
* Significant experience in leading service teams in a dynamic and fast-paced and agile environment
* Skills in aligning your domain with that of both software development methods and the demands of R&D ‘sandbox’ activities led by your equivalents in the wider company team
* Demonstrable evidence of setting and delivering KPIs to evidence success – making the complex simple for wider stakeholders
* Strong record of people management in a technical environment, including communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
* Ensuring team maintains 24*7 systems availability and performance.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to form strong business relationships across all functions and provide the bridge between the business and the technical teams
* Business planning experience, demonstrating a track record of success as a business leader, and have the ability to collaborate with various departments to achieve mutual success
* Demonstrate the ability to influence senior stakeholders both financially and strategically
* Experience in project management techniques including planning, resource allocation, prioritisation, and escalation
* Being comfortable facing Customers at up to CTO level if needs be
* Strong vendor management experience – used to driving operational efficiencies through innovative partner and vendor management
* An ability to demonstrate strong influencing skills to encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice
* Effectively gathers information, structures clear reasons for decisions, and leads debate where required
* Strong experience designing, integrating, and deploying systems in a dynamic working environment.
No agents, please
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.