We are currently looking for a Head of Software Engineering to work for a Global Life Sciences organisation. The role is predominantly remote with occasional travel to London or Manchester. Reporting into the Digital Business Director this position is focusing on leading the software function by driving best practice engineering approaches, working closely with other senior leaders in the business unit to ensure alignment of organisational goals.
The Head of Software Engineering is responsible for all software delivery, including day-to-day operational aspects as well as long-term planning and strategy. There is opportunity to review and implement software engineering processes and build a team structure. The key roles and responsibilities are:
2. In the role you will look to gain a deep understanding of current practices with a view to align the software delivery capability to ensure appropriate policies, procedures and governance frameworks are in place to drive best practice behaviours.
3. The Head of Software Engineering will manage a team of developers; allocating responsibilities/ packages of work, drive delivery performance in the teams and development/ career progression plans of individuals in the team.
4. There will be a focus on leading transformation requiring a high level of stakeholder skills, strong commercial awareness in relation to software products and SaaS delivery models and looking to build and shape the organisations software delivery teams.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Software Engineering we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Degree level education in computer science or related discipline
3. Experience operating cloud based applications on a major cloud platform Azure, AWS etc (Azure experience preferred)
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.