As the Head of Managed Services Pre Sales, you will lead the Managed Services Pre-Sales team, reporting to the Director of SCC UK Services Business Development.
As the team manager you will act as an advisor, mentor and coach to the pre-sales team, working with your team and Services and Sales peers to deliver tailored solutions drawn from a variety of SCC’s established capabilities and service offerings. You will be responsible for the quality of the written material, presentation material and supporting documentation including commercial governance and sign off in line with business guidelines. You will manage the interaction with operational delivery colleagues ensuing operational needs are considered, service levels are attainable at a competitive market rate. You will have access to representatives across the business including Service and Technical Architects, Operational resource, Commercial Modellers, Transition planning and Legal representatives.
For our customers and prospects, with your team, you will provide strategic and tactical leadership whilst also taking an active role within the development of the solution. You will understand the market drivers and work with the operational teams to ensure SCC remains relevant and offers solutions which are market leading and competitive.
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:30pm. There will be an expectation of travel within the UK to support your team, the sales team and to meet with customers and prospects, occasional international travel may be required.
Main Duties of the Job:
* Leadership and management of your team of Solution Owners and Service Architects including coaching, mentoring, opportunity review, governance and by leading by example in key pursuits and customer and prospect engagements
* Managing operational and customer management expectations including timely update of opportunity workload, opportunity scope, service levels
* Management of the Managed Services Pipeline and timely and accurate updates of MI to the Exec
* Supporting the SCC Sales Management Team with early qualification activities and education of the sales team regarding the Managed Services Portfolio.
* Working with Peers to integrate service elements to ensure the meeting of a clients needs whilst ensuing operational efficiency and whenever required working with your peers to modernise the SCC Services portfolio
* Understand and ensure the team adheres to all industry and client specific publications, guidelines and statutory compliance commitments;
* Conduct management reviews of the team and review and manage bonus schemes
* All other duties as directed by management.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
* Significant leadership experience within a Managed Services focussed pre sales function, gained as head of Practice or Business Function.
* Ability to drive effectiveness and profitability of a Pre Sales business unit.
* Add value to established team by introducing Innovation and fresh ideas.
* Minimum ten years experience working in a client-facing solution architecture, consulting or service delivery role within the IT services industry, at least five which have involved the development of Managed Services solutions;
* Experience of working within a Managed Services Provider that delivers a mix of Managed Services, Cloud Services and Professional Services;
* Experience of working within bid teams in the production of bid responses and proposals for Managed Services solutions;
* Excellent understanding of service methodologies and approaches, preferably with some previous operational management or technical experience;
* Understanding of the key commercial and operational drivers and interdependencies which are inherent within any complex Managed Service;
* Excellent verbal, written communication and presentations skills together with the ability to deliver customer presentations at a senior level;
* Strong commercial background including contract negotiation skills and demonstrable understanding of the costs associated with the provisions of broad Managed Service solutions;
* Proficient with Microsoft products including the ability to manipulate electronic based documentation.
* Graduate calibre with excellent numerical skills;
* ITIL qualified to a minimum foundation level;
* Good understanding of service design and commercial modelling for Managed Service solutions;
* Ideally performed a similar function for a large Managed Service provider;
* Clearance (SC) there may be a need for SC level clearance to work with some customers.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.