Head of PMO, £55-£70k + bonus, Home working
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a rapidly expanding Information Technology consultancy firm for a Head of PMO to join them and take responsibility for leading and guiding the PMO team across a wide and varied client base. As Head of PMO you will take responsibility for understanding client requirements with respect to their strategy and assist with aligning projects to meet their objectives. You will do this via validation and the collection of data, analysis of this data and taking corrective action with project and programme managers to ensure it is accurate and maintained. You will ideally have experience with PPM tools and a solid understanding of demand management, strategic portfolio scoring, portfolio dashboards and capacity / resourcing best practice. The role will cover:
• Portfolio Management Office – strategic oriented office that provides portfolio services to business units and shared services, as appropriate, in the delivery of IT and business change initiatives. This will encompass, pipeline, ideas, business case justification, prioritisation, capacity planning and budgeting. Furthermore, policy definition, controls and best practice embedment will form part of the role.
• Programme / Project Management Office – Provide operational support to programmes / projects in ensuring they meet their objectives via accurate planning, reporting and budgeting. Each of the above can be delivered in a supportive, collaborative and directive mode of working which will require close working with the client’s staff, contractors, consultants and other 3rd parties to be successful. In undertaking a directive mode, line management of PM’s may be included.
Skills required include Professional Portfolio, Programme, Project Accreditation, one or more of the following:
• Management of Portfolio’s (MoP)
• Management of Value (MoV)
• Management of Risk (MoR)
• Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
• Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O)
• PRINCE 2 or equivalent PMBoK qualifications.
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years in a similar role working in a Strategic Portfolio Office. Experience of establishing, running and maturing a centralised Strategic Portfolio Office. Experience working in a project / programme / portfolio environment as either Senior Programme / Project Manager or Project or Programme Manager or Programme Office Manager. A strong track-record of holding senior PMO roles in which you can demonstrate practical experience and achievement in delivering the role of PMO within a multi-national organisation and extensive experience in applying and establishing project management or change into practice in medium or large organisations. You can also demonstrate clear experience of managing multiple and difficult stakeholders and the ability to form effective relationships at all levels of an organisation.
Sound of interest? The role will be predominantly working remotely, possibly with the occasional need to visit client sites. Would you like to know more? Then for more information please e-mail us or call for an informal chat during the day or to request an out of hours conversation. Ref: MD00435. Salary of up to £70k + discretionary bonus + pension available to the right candidate.
Landmark Faith Recruiting Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Landmark Faith Recruiting Solutions is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.