Remote Working Flexibility – Newcastle upon Tyne HQ
Package – Market Leading Salary and Benefits
GEM Partnership are working exclusively with NCFE, an Education Charity based in Newcastle who are a leading provider of extensive educational services with a strong heritage in learning and have been at the forefront of technical and vocational education for over 170 years. Their core purpose is to promote and advance learning; with a particular emphasis on supporting social mobility and prosperity, via the design, development and certification of diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards, which have contributed to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals.
They are currently looking to appoint a highly talented Data and Analytics leader, to take a central role in supporting the development of NCFE’s transformation toward being an insights-driven organisation. This role will lead on defining a vision, strategy and roadmap for data and insights, encouraging the adoption of a data driven culture and will play a key role in the success of a business wide transformation programme currently underway.
You will provide holistic leadership across a complex data rich organisation, developing and driving forward successful data insight initiatives through effective management of Analyst and Data colleagues and effective collaboration with broader stakeholders. In addition, you will anticipate the future demands relating to people, technology, budget and business need within the department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
Specific duties & responsibilities include:
* Develop and lead a data strategy that places Insight at the heart of the business, aligning to delivery of NCFE’s strategic objectives and business transformation programme.
* Define and implement a data excellence framework to establish standards, controls and associated metrics for all dimensions of data quality (accuracy, completeness, consistency, integrity, reasonability, timeliness, uniqueness, and validity).
* Work in partnership with strategic stakeholders to analyse overall business needs, in addition to specialist functional departments to scope out data and insight requirements.
* Define, implement, and monitor data and insight KPIs to ensure ongoing strategic alignment with short and long-term business objectives.
* Establish a centralised company-wide data team, bringing together Business Intelligence Analyst and Data Architect expertise, to capitalise from exceptional learning analytics and credible insight.
* Lead exploration and adoption of progressive data innovations such as AI, machine learning, data science and predictive analytics, taking an active role in the technological infrastructure/data pipeline, nurturing ideas from colleagues.
* Define organisational wide roles and responsibilities related to data management, develop training programmes for stakeholders to foster a high performing data and insight culture.
* Candidates should have considerable leadership level experience in shaping the future state vision for data and insights and translating how this can align to unlock strategic and organisational objectives.
* Candidates should be degree qualified, ideally in a quantitative or scientific discipline where analytical skills have been successfully honed.
* We require candidates who possess a deep understanding of the latest data management, mining and insight solutions and how these technology advancements should and can be harnessed by an organisation.
* You should have extensive experience using analytical techniques and business insight to unlock positive change and support future state planning within a complex organisation.
* Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills are a prerequisite for success in the role, alongside a talent for leading numerous projects and programmes concurrently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation at a pivotal time on their digital transformation journey, with a genuine opportunity to develop a future state vision for the organisation in relation to data and insights and how this will shape the overall direction of technology travel.
If you feel you have the qualities our client is seeking, please forward your CV and covering letter indicating your current package to Lee Rankin at GEM Partnership or for a discreet conversation call our Peterlee office
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.