Head of Data Analytics
£75,000 – £90,000 per annum
My client is a Global leader within their field and is looking for a Head of Data Analytics to join one of the companies fastest growing divisions that is becoming increasingly engaged in the world of analytics.
This position of Head of Data Analytics is a wide-reaching role that will work across the entire division to help build engagement with their analytical tools, prioritise analytics projects, and develop the analytical maturity of the division, working closely with the Groups Business Intelligence & Analytics team.
The function of the Business Analytics team that this role with head up is to provide stakeholders across the division with accurate, interpretable and timely analytical solutions from the central analytics platforms (Business Objects and Tableau), which in combination with high quality commercial insight, supports evidence based operational and strategic decision making.
You will be using modern analytics tools such as Snowflake and Tableau, additionally, you will have the opportunity to recruit, lead and mentor your team of business analysts, providing continuous opportunities for growth, and reward innovation, and you will achieve this by deep cerebration to create new solutions.
* Set the strategic direction of Divisions Business Analytics Capability by engaging with internal Executive Level Stakeholders to support the five year Business Strategy
* Development of the Divisions strategic Business Analytics goals
* Lead and mentor a team of 3-6 staff
* Be responsible for a portfolio of activities and delivering results through matrix management of staff
* Engage with and support internal stakeholders to encourage the effective use of data
* Prioritise stakeholder requests
* Promote and contribute to defined analytical best practices
* Engage with divisional and Group architecture teams to encourage effective system processes to enable analytics
* Deliver analytical solutions to drive effective, data-driven decision making, from requirements gathering to report design
. Essential Qualifications and Experience Required
* Strong academic background, ideally with a Computer Science or IT degree/qualification, similar Analytical discipline or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of Experience in a fast paced, dynamic, technology organisation
* 6+ years of line Management Experience
* Extensive demonstrable experience required, preferably including prior experience working with Tableau or Business Objects Web Intelligence, but other BI tools will be considered
* Experience in stakeholder management and delivering analytical solutions is essential
* Previous experience of managing an analytics function
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques used in end-to-end analytical solution design and development
* Demonstrate a good balance between technical expertise and commercial business awareness, with experience in end-to-end project delivery
* Passion for handling, analysing and transforming large, complex data sets into workable information sets
* Must be available for travel (may include international) – after Covid
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.