Our client is looking to extend their talented web development team by bringing on board a new Front end UX / UI Developer. The role calls for a highly experienced UX / UI expert who enjoys a fast-paced innovative environment where the team strives to push the limits of traditional software design and development daily. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will take a leading role in designing user centric responsive websites and attractive, easy-to-use products, helping to refine design /development processes and the tools required.
As a UI/UX/Front-end Developer, you will lead the role of building a high-performance website for one of the UK’s largest independent insurance brokers. Binding backend APIs and Microservices with beautiful UX/UI to give the highest quality CX. Although abstracted away, our core application is PHP, so you will need to be able to understand and write OO PHP.
Responsibilities and duties
* Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
* Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
* Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
* Creating innovative and unique pitch concepts and visuals across a range of digital outputs, sometimes with tight deadlines
* Using supplied insights to create user-centred design concepts, wireframes, sketches, mock-ups, and prototypes
* Working with content management systems and digital tools to create online content that meets brand guidelines and gives a great user experience
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
* Senior UI / UX Designers who have worked on ecommerce projects for a wide range of customers commercially.
* A portfolio that demonstrates B2C UX design experience on either complex eCommerce or enterprise-scale products.
* Cross-platform experience including web and native mobile
* HTML, CSS, JQuery, ES6, Angular
* OO PHP – enough to interact with the Backend
* MVC Software Architectural Patterns
* Familiar with Version Control, Source Code Management automation; Git, Github, Bash
* Knowledge of industry wireframing tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Zeplin and OmniGraffle
Good to have
* Caching and Session Management
* Package managers; Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, Yarn, Node.js
* React.js, Redux, React Native, Electron.js,
* Nginx / Redis
Other skills & behaviours
* Passionate about front-end development
* Curiosity to seek out innovative solutions and practices
* Be one with the team, access the collective; learn, share, achieve
* Offer consultative value to clients and colleagues, not just code
* Be autonomous in management and direction, be pragmatic and effective with workloads
* Remote Working
* Salary anywhere between 40K – 45K depending on experience
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.